Oracle Tarot by Lucy Cavendish

The Happy Squirrel

I have not seen a lot of discussion about this. Maybe because some consider this more tarot?

Should I even post this on the tarot section? I think I have asked this before. It is more like 'tarot light' I suppose. But it is worded like 'oracle'.... This is my only so called oracle deck. There is only a handful of oracle decks I am drawn to and I don't own any of them....

Anyways, I am drawn to using more oracle decks lately, just to balance things out a bit. It is getting too cerebral for me lately and I thought the oracle decks might help ease things up a bit. I am not sure.

Anyone has any comments about this deck and about other oracle decks I should check out that is not.... er.... too 'airy fairy'... Thanks!!!

EmpressArwen

I don't have this particular oracle so I can't comment on that but I highly recommend the Earth Magic Oracle and/or The Enchanted Map...both are great at spiritual AND practical questions. Neither are "airy fairy", in my opinion. lol

Celtictarot

I'm waiting for my deck coming.

danieljuk

There is a discussion thread about the deck when it came out here it is in the tarot section :D But it's not clear which one it is, tarot or oracle. It seems to be a tarot without court cards! hope the thread discussion helps you happy! also the earth magic is one of the best oracles you could ever own :thumbsup:

Glass Owl

I don't have this deck but I think it's a tarot deck minus some cards so it could be considered an oracle, depending upon your view.

The Psychic Tarot and Psychic Tarot for the Heart are sort of tarot inspired oracles. All of the traditional names were changed, some cards were eliminated (10s and courts), and 7 chakra cards were added.

I second danieljuk's recommendation of the Earth Magic.

The Happy Squirrel

There is a discussion thread about the deck when it came out here it is in the tarot section :D But it's not clear which one it is, tarot or oracle. It seems to be a tarot without court cards! hope the thread discussion helps you happy! also the earth magic is one of the best oracles you could ever own :thumbsup:

Thank you! I have this deck just never sure how to use it! :D
I have been using it more like the general 'oracle' or daily draw / meditate / reflect sort of thing.

The Happy Squirrel

I took a look at the Enchanted Map and Earth Magic and I can't connect with the art work :( It is so hard to work with a deck when you can't connect with the art. Part of why I have not gotten into oracle decks is because it is so hard to find one which visuals I can connect with.... The Shining Tribe looks interesting.....!
I am also looking at the Australian Wild Flowers oracle deck :)

meeka4monty

Hello!

I have Oracle Tarot by Lucy and I consider it a fusion deck - sometimes I use it with the intention of it being a tarot deck without courts, other times its voice has felt like an oracle.

It can be read like an oracle deck because each card has a written indicator on the card, for example, the Ace of Cups reads 'new love energy', Ten of Coins reads 'enjoying the outcome'. This coincides with the colourful cards that, to me, represent (what I consider to be) "feeling maps" represented by the great use of colour.

I believe this was one of Lucy's first deck publications and it is published by Hay House so you're going to get a compact box, a little white booklet that is thinner than the average Hay House oracle deck booklet and written meanings by Lucy herself.

I really like the deck. It has a very different vibe for a Lucy deck - it's a lot more short, to the point, even blunt than I'm used to in her other oracles. It almost doesn't feel like what I expect of her work now, and that's why it's special to me.

Also, in her book White Magic there are a few chapters about using this particular deck, a spread or two and her story about creating it. It's a witchy read in general, so if you're into witchy ways and paganism from a Cavendish perspective it I highly recommend the book as fun addition to any Lucy collection.

Hope this helps!!

The Happy Squirrel

Thank you!!! I am more the psycho-babble sort than pagan or witchy :p But I love the art work and the wordings of this deck although I am often not sure whether to treat it as oracle as such or tarot.

I wasn't sure if I should keep it but now I have decided there is something in this and I shall keep it after all :)

Thanks again!

The Happy Squirrel

Hello!

I have Oracle Tarot by Lucy and I consider it a fusion deck - sometimes I use it with the intention of it being a tarot deck without courts, other times its voice has felt like an oracle.

It can be read like an oracle deck because each card has a written indicator on the card, for example, the Ace of Cups reads 'new love energy', Ten of Coins reads 'enjoying the outcome'. This coincides with the colourful cards that, to me, represent (what I consider to be) "feeling maps" represented by the great use of colour.

I believe this was one of Lucy's first deck publications and it is published by Hay House so you're going to get a compact box, a little white booklet that is thinner than the average Hay House oracle deck booklet and written meanings by Lucy herself.

I really like the deck. It has a very different vibe for a Lucy deck - it's a lot more short, to the point, even blunt than I'm used to in her other oracles. It almost doesn't feel like what I expect of her work now, and that's why it's special to me.

You are right, this one stood out as being very different from the rest of her work. That is why I think this is the only one of her decks that I will ever buy I think.

I have always have it in my mind that this is a fusion deck. But the way your word it here, made me realise suddenly that I can use it as a tarot too. I was too afraid to do that because of the missing courts.

Thanks again!!