Oracle/Tarot Difference ?

Majecot

Can some tell me what the difference is between an Oracle Deck and a Taort deck?

I have seen some that look like Tarot but the box says Oracle.

Little bit confused. :confused:

Thanks, this is new to me.

dolphinprincess

There are quite a few threads on this subject, if you use the search feature.. here is a link to just one that i found:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10641&highlight=oracle+tarot

one thing to keep in mind though.. when reading the box.. there are people who use the terms tarot / oracle loosely. I have seen decks titled tarot that are really oracles.. and oracles that really operate as a tarot.. (just to confuse people more..)..

zorya

it can be confusing! technically all of them are oracles, tarot included. for the ease of differentiating tarot from non-tarot, here we call the non-tarot oracles.

the box is not necessarily a good guide. some oracles call themselves tarot when they are not. a tarot deck has 78 cards. 22 major arcana. 4 suits of 14 cards each (including the page, knight, queen and king (names may vary)).

Majecot

Thanks, I tried sifting thru the posts... :rolleyes:
So if a deck has more than 78 ?? is it an oracle? ....*checking out the other thread*

never mind.. found the answer...lol