oracle transforming dragons

rostie

first when i saw this one, i found it a bit childish, but the more i look at it the more i begin to love it, do any of you dragonfans know this one, have this one, and can you tell me anything about it.
i have been always a lover of dragons but i do not have any oracle or tarot from dragons and i would like to have one. can you give me any tips?

(btw i loved your threads about dragons, dragonspirits! (spirituality-section))

thank you very much!!!!!

with love, sara...

if you want to look at them: http://www.learntarot.com/tddesc.htm

Aerin

I do have it, and I was rather disappointed. I spend a fair amount of time telling clients that all their behaviours have a positive intention for them, and when I picked this up I found that the way the thing works starts, for me, from too negative a standpoint. So I don't use it.

I think I expected something which encompassed both positive and negative meanings in one dragon, and that isn't the way this works for me. It promises to, but somehow doesn't (a problem with the book more than the cards). Labelling something 'Dishonesty' or 'Fear' or 'Martyrdom' in huge writing next to each card description kind of kills it. There is a label for the treasure part but for me that is overwhelmed by the rest, it doesn't get the same prominence as all the negative stuff.

The pictures are pretty however. And if you were going to work with them then I'd recommend making your own 'book' and giving the transformation/ treasure part equal prominence, associating the treasure bit with the dragon itself. Then throw away the book. Luckily the cards are made-up names.

In fact, I may follow my own advice. If I do, I think I may like these after all. (Although some of the pictures are a bit negative looking too, I may be able to work with that.)

Aerin

ps I should add, it isn't designed as a divination deck rather to work with on a one card at a time basis 'transforming the dragon trap into a treasure'. Poor dragon. At least she didn't say 'slay the dragon to get its treasure'.