Ordering a chart online from Jonathan Cainer?

Pao

I have a question. I want to order a chart from Jonathan Cainer's website but it says somewhere on his site that I'll get it in minutes so does this mean that the computer will do it and obviously not him personally and I'll get some computer generated predictions? i was going to get it for my next 3 months or so but if the computer generates it how accurate can it be?? and then why bother putting my time and place of birth if its going to be wrong anyway....i dont know how it works though can anyone enlighten me? should i not order it from here? I wanted predictions not the chart itself because i dont know how to read it. I was thinking Lynda Hill might be nice too but her is very expensive right now for my pocket.

Minderwiz

I took a quick look at Jonathan Cainer's website and my understanding is the same as yours, the chart in generated instantly. Has Cainer anything to do with this process, is the key question here. The answer is probably yes but you need to understand how this works.

There will be a background computer program which will do two key things.

Firstly it will generate the chart itself - the diagram that you will be able to print out. This is the easiest step and there's loads of computer programs that can do this. There are many on the internet that will do this for free and be just as accurate.

Secondly the program will identify

a) planets in signs
b) planets in houses
c) planets in aspect
d) optionally any other points or bodies regarded as important by the author - such as the Nodes of the Moon, Chiron, Various asteroids and aspect patterns.

For eaach of these identified characteristics the program will pull from store a paragraph and add this to the final 'Report', at the end of this process the document will be emailed to you and you can print it out.

If we have any members who work for lawyers or are lawyers they will recognise the process of using stock paragraphs to create a contract.

Now I would hope that these paragraphs have indeed been written by Cainer (though there's no guarantee) and clearly the computer is not able to synthesise the material to create a considered evaluation. That is you will get more by going to see Cainer and getting him to do a private reading. It will however cost you an awful lot more.

Every single website and every single computer program that offers 'Reports' works in the same way. Some may be a bit better on some synthesis, some may be better on the underlying Astrology, some even let you write your own paragraphs (and I suspect this is what Cainer has done) but ALL of them are inadequate compared to consulting a living Astrologer and getting him or her to give you a private reading.

Are they of any value at all? Well I'd take one by Liz Greene, or Cainer, or other top Astrologer rather than someone I've never heard of, all things being equal but to be honest I wouldn't pay money for any.

strangebrew

Hi pao....:)

Hope you dont mind me suggesting this lady.....she has done work for me and is a brilliant astrologer and spiritual teacher

http://www.katearbon.com/

x

Pao

Thank you Minderwisz and Strangrebrew :)

I dont know much if anything at all about Astrology but i do like Jonathan Cainer. I was excited when I thought I would get a chart from him but it honestly sounds like what Minder is describing :( and whats the point of that.

Thank you Strangebrew i will take a look at the site and see she can send me actual info as opposed to a computirized chart :(

xoxo

Minderwiz

Thanks for the link Strangebrew,

I also took a quick look at the link.

The personal appointments and phone appointments are clearly one to one and therefore the customer is getting a true personal consultation. The same goes for the horary.

The 'Reports' section look very like computer generated material but cost less than half the price of some of the consultations.

I'd stress that you get what you pay for and this site honestly presents the choices available. Whilst I can't speak from personal experience of this Astrologer, Strangebrew clearly can and personal recommendation is one of the best ways in which Astrologers get business. If there are satisfied customers then you are off to a very good start, compared with just buying a computer generated report.

214red

i have had many printed charts in my time, and i wish i had them in person, i got more out of those sessions then i did all the wasted money on PC printed charts.