Other people, multiple readings, same question

mizzsixx

Ok, since my other two posts were about asking the same question and doing the reading yourself, what are your thoughts on this:

Say I really want to know about an issue. I ask more than 1 person the same question, because in my eyes, if they have similar readings, it "must be true." If they have very different readings, it means one of them is obviously off...but then I get very confused.

So how do you feel about that? Should you ask more than 1 person the same question?

tarotbear

Are you asking if you should go to multiple 'other' card readers and ask them all the same question to see how they compare?

This is called 'Shopping for the Best Answer (that I like)'. No two card readers will give you the exact same reading on a question because Tarot answers the question 'at that moment', so asking the same question once a day to a different reader might possibly give you a different answer based on time, cause, and effect. Yes, I can see going to another reader to get ' a second opinion', but hitting up every swami, gypsy, and card reader in town? Nope.

If perchance - two readers in a row gave you practically the same reading to the same question - would that prevent you from traveling all over town to bother the other readers?

Ask a question once or twice - then move on. Tarot is not for comparison shopping.

jema

People do that all the time in the exchange forum here, which is why I refuse to use it any longer. It is always the same people asking for up to 3 readings a day. If that floats their boat then by all means, but since they can't take the readings serious, why would a reader take them seriously?

canid

Ok, since my other two posts were about asking the same question and doing the reading yourself, what are your thoughts on this:

Say I really want to know about an issue. I ask more than 1 person the same question, because in my eyes, if they have similar readings, it "must be true." If they have very different readings, it means one of them is obviously off...but then I get very confused.

So how do you feel about that? Should you ask more than 1 person the same question?

Actually, you are here to learn to read tarot yourself, not getting the answer you want to hear. Everyone reads differently; we're different people with different styles & intuition. No, you shouldn't repeat the question, learn to rely on yourself & ask for others' input. Once.

canid

I am repeating myself here from your same question 2 days ago:

"Yup, what Carla & Alamaris said. If you feel the need to 'redo' a reading, 9 times out of 10 you're not getting all the possible nuances & ramifications of what the cards were trying to tell you in the first place. No one can concur about what powers them, where the answers come from, but they're definitely there. They work. You can't look in a LWB & get all the possible meanings, interpretations, interactions, positional meanings, etc., from a LWB. That's just a very very basic guideline about that card's energy. LWB's are very helpful, usually, but there's sooo much more. The more often you repeat the same question, the more convoluted the answers are, like they're saying 'I already TOLD you!' Then you get nonsensicle answers, but even those can be interpreted correctly, with experience. Don't get me wrong. I've done it myself, but with experience I've learned. A really good book that helps you to understand how cards interact, even change, is James Ricklef's 'Tarot Tells the Tale'."

Pay attention to: "The more often you repeat the same question, the more convoluted the answers are, like they're saying 'I already TOLD you!' Then you get nonsensicle answers, but even those can be interpreted correctly, with experience."

I did spend some time answering you the first time but you still keep asking the same thing. As did others. I'm done.

magpie9

Maybe what you should be asking is "What if I get what I want?" You might not want it so badly after that. Asking the same question over and over whether it's of your cards or of other readers is bad practice. The answer is the answer. Change the question.

SunChariot

The issue is the same. It looks to me like you feel the need to do this because you don't have much faith in Tarot, that one reading will give you the right answer...period. If you had faith in that, you would not need the second or the third.

There are also a number of different issues here. First if the readings were all the same, that would likely indicate what they say are true. But if you had that faith, you could believe it just as strongly after just one.

Next even though yes some readers are better than nothers...No, IF three readings all said comoletely different things that does not necessarily mean that one of them is off. You can ask 3 different readers the same thing and they can all come up with something completley different and yet all three readings could still be completely true.

The universe is smart. It will know you are asking 3 different people to read for you. And it may well choose to take the opportunity to show you 3 different aspects of the same situation. Or the situation at 3 different points in time.

This often happens to me when i do a reading using 3 different decks on the same question. Each deck will pressent a different part of the answer, the situation seen through a different perspective. I have never seen all 3 decks give the same answer to that same question.

This can especially happen in questions about the future. Eg if you ask about how a relationship will go in the future. The future is a very long time. If you had three readings done and one said you would be happy in the future, another said the relationship would be stressful. And the next showed peace and harmony in the future. ,....the point is that all could be right.

Maybe af first things will go well, then at another stage later on there will be some discord and disagreements, then still later you will work them out and reach a place in the relationship of peace and harmoney. The universe can take those 3 readings and have them come up as a temporal progression when taken together.

So yes, if 3 readings all show the same thing, that will tend to tell you it is true. But if they all say different things that does not proove anything. There are many many aspects to a situation and viewpoints on it. Each reading may just be showing diffferent aspects of it and can still very much all be true.

But the real issue here is that I think you need to find inside yourself a way to come to peace wtih letting go of any mistrust and believing what you are being told. Even if just a little bit at first. Just do your best and then over time Tarot will proove itself to you,.

Also wanted to say one more thing before I go. Tarot does NOT like to be tested. It runs on faith. YOu have to have that faith first, even if just a little at first. Asking different readers the same quesiton to see if Tarot works, may backfire. As you need the faith first. If the universe thinks you are testing it, it may not want to cooperate.

You just cannot proove anything spiritual. It can only run on faith. Tarot is related to the realm of the spiritual, And once you have that faith, the rest shows itself to you more and more brilliantly over time.

You can't proove that G-d exists, but for those who believe it they find their proove. You cannot proove that Tarot works, but the more you believe it does the more it works for you. It all starts with the faith. That is the only way. There is no way you can proove it. SO you need the faith firsts, even if just a little at the start. The rest comes with time. For now you are just going to have to do your best to let go and give Tarot the benefit of the doubt. I don't believe there is another way. And then you will see all that you need to believe in both Tarot and in the miracles it leads to in our lives.

Those are more of my views on that....

Babs

mizzsixx

Are you asking if you should go to multiple 'other' card readers and ask them all the same question to see how they compare?

This is called 'Shopping for the Best Answer (that I like)'. No two card readers will give you the exact same reading on a question because Tarot answers the question 'at that moment', so asking the same question once a day to a different reader might possibly give you a different answer based on time, cause, and effect. Yes, I can see going to another reader to get ' a second opinion', but hitting up every swami, gypsy, and card reader in town? Nope.

If perchance - two readers in a row gave you practically the same reading to the same question - would that prevent you from traveling all over town to bother the other readers?

Ask a question once or twice - then move on. Tarot is not for comparison shopping.

Lol, I like that you said shopping for the best answer 'that I like.' I don't always do that, but I do when I'm upset...

mizzsixx

The issue is the same. It looks to me like you feel the need to do this because you don't have much faith in Tarot, that one reading will give you the right answer...period. If you had faith in that, you would not need the second or the third.

There are also a number of different issues here. First if the readings were all the same, that would likely indicate what they say are true. But if you had that faith, you could believe it just as strongly after just one.

Next even though yes some readers are better than nothers...No, IF three readings all said comoletely different things that does not necessarily mean that one of them is off. You can ask 3 different readers the same thing and they can all come up with something completley different and yet all three readings could still be completely true.

The universe is smart. It will know you are asking 3 different people to read for you. And it may well choose to take the opportunity to show you 3 different aspects of the same situation. Or the situation at 3 different points in time.

This often happens to me when i do a reading using 3 different decks on the same question. Each deck will pressent a different part of the answer, the situation seen through a different perspective. I have never seen all 3 decks give the same answer to that same question.

This can especially happen in questions about the future. Eg if you ask about how a relationship will go in the future. The future is a very long time. If you had three readings done and one said you would be happy in the future, another said the relationship would be stressful. And the next showed peace and harmony in the future. ,....the point is that all could be right.

Maybe af first things will go well, then at another stage later on there will be some discord and disagreements, then still later you will work them out and reach a place in the relationship of peace and harmoney. The universe can take those 3 readings and have them come up as a temporal progression when taken together.

So yes, if 3 readings all show the same thing, that will tend to tell you it is true. But if they all say different things that does not proove anything. There are many many aspects to a situation and viewpoints on it. Each reading may just be showing diffferent aspects of it and can still very much all be true.

But the real issue here is that I think you need to find inside yourself a way to come to peace wtih letting go of any mistrust and believing what you are being told. Even if just a little bit at first. Just do your best and then over time Tarot will proove itself to you,.

Also wanted to say one more thing before I go. Tarot does NOT like to be tested. It runs on faith. YOu have to have that faith first, even if just a little at first. Asking different readers the same quesiton to see if Tarot works, may backfire. As you need the faith first. If the universe thinks you are testing it, it may not want to cooperate.

You just cannot proove anything spiritual. It can only run on faith. Tarot is related to the realm of the spiritual, And once you have that faith, the rest shows itself to you more and more brilliantly over time.

You can't proove that G-d exists, but for those who believe it they find their proove. You cannot proove that Tarot works, but the more you believe it does the more it works for you. It all starts with the faith. That is the only way. There is no way you can proove it. SO you need the faith firsts, even if just a little at the start. The rest comes with time. For now you are just going to have to do your best to let go and give Tarot the benefit of the doubt. I don't believe there is another way. And then you will see all that you need to believe in both Tarot and in the miracles it leads to in our lives.

Those are more of my views on that....

Babs

I see what you mean with faith. I'm going to try this...to just let go and trust. I start to get scientific about it. Its just my nature. But what you sat makes sense.

dancing_moon

I see this happen all the time, but I don't think it's a good idea. It means that the question is burning you, and you feel a need to run around, talk to people about it and ask them to solve the problem for you. But the answer is, it's all in your hands. You're the only one who can really do something about it or let it go. One reading's enough. Trust it, act on it and see what happens.

Here's a nice spread I've recently found: Next Step Spread. It helps you to think about what *you* can do rather than 'what will happen'. Hope this hepls. :)