Oversized Medieval Scapini?

tarotcognito

Hi all!

Has anyone heard of such a beast as a Giant Medieval Scapini? US Games Tarot lists a Scapini Book and Deck set with a size of 4 5/8" by 7" but nowhere explicitely states that this is an oversized deck. I'm assuming that the dimensions given should refer to the size of the cards, and not the size of the whole set... but I've been limp-noodled before, so any clarification/assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading! :)

gregory

By a remarkable coincidence, that is the precise dimensions of the box in which my set arrived. :)

In other words - they mean that's the size of the whole boxed product.

Annoying, aren't they :(

tarotcognito

Aw, gregory, I'm sorry... :( I was hoping it was an oversized deck, but alas... it would appear my hopes have been dashed.

Ah well. Maybe I'll buy it anyway. The artwork looks impressive.

Thanks for the info! :)

gregory

Aw, gregory, I'm sorry... :( I was hoping it was an oversized deck, but alas... it would appear my hopes have been dashed.

Ah well. Maybe I'll buy it anyway. The artwork looks impressive.

Thanks for the info! :)

Oh I'd say it's worth having, no question !

gregory

Maybe you should take a look at Scapini's Romeo and Juliet deck,
(this one: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/shakespeare/ )
to me, it has a very similar feel and style to the Medieval Scapini, but the cards are quite large, at 15 cm by 8.5.

That's true - about the size - but although his art shines through, I don't get the same FEEL from these two... (Is the Shakespeare OOP, by the way ?) Then again - they do have the same rather good semi-illustrated pips. And they are large!

tarotcognito

Wonderful. One more deck to add to my never-ending list of decks to buy... ;)

gregory

Wonderful. One more deck to add to my never-ending list of decks to buy... ;)

No - two :D

By the way - he also has the Bacchus - and the Lukumi - and the Tuffeo Nel Mistero - and the Vetrate to his name. Ask nisaba about this... })

You do have a credit card ?

tarotcognito

No - two :D

By the way - he also has the Bacchus - and the Lukumi - and the Tuffeo Nel Mistero - and the Vetrate to his name. Ask nisaba about this... })

You do have a credit card ?
Unfortunately, yes. >_<