Page of Cups plus Page of Swords as outcome?

PsylentKate

These two cards came up as the outcome will be for me and another person at an upcoming social event. .

I wondered if a simplistic interpretation such as page of cups representing the feelings he has for me being somewhat expressed that evening, page of swords representing a conversation?

Im not really sure how to read these two together, to clarify, I got the 8 of Pentacles which to me represented a positive payoff for all my hard work recently in regards to this relationship.

Any thoughts on what these pages mean together? ?

tarot_quest

With 2 pages here, I would interpret it as a lot of energy between the 2 of you. Moreover, nice feelings (cups) and interesting discussion (swords) might be present.

I would personally see the 8 of pentacles as reinforcing the idea that the discussion will be nice (I associate this card with higher education, mental affinities)

PsylentKate

With 2 pages here, I would interpret it as a lot of energy between the 2 of you. Moreover, nice feelings (cups) and interesting discussion (swords) might be present.

I would personally see the 8 of pentacles as reinforcing the idea that the discussion will be nice (I associate this card with higher education, mental affinities)

thank you, yes that lines up with what I was thinking, there is certainly a lot of energy between us, our relationship has had ups and downs but still a lot of chemistry and there are feelings on both sides, even if he chooses not to admit them ;)

Farzon

The pages suggest some sort of juvenile energy – are you both quite young? (Can also be young in behavior) What strikes me is the equal rank of the cards but one is more introspective and the other more outgoing. I´d second the pleasant conversations, but one of you could be on the watch, waiting for the other to make the first step. Thinking about it, I get an impression of insecurity...

PsylentKate

The pages suggest some sort of juvenile energy – are you both quite young? (Can also be young in behavior) What strikes me is the equal rank of the cards but one is more introspective and the other more outgoing. I´d second the pleasant conversations, but one of you could be on the watch, waiting for the other to make the first step. Thinking about it, I get an impression of insecurity...

he is young.. I am older, we get along very well, but have had some major upsets in our 'relationship' we are not together, but I wish to be.. so im just hopeful we can move forward and remember why we became involved in the first place.. I imagine that due to circumstance, the insecurities will be mine!

Farzon

he is young.. I am older, we get along very well, but have had some major upsets in our 'relationship' we are not together, but I wish to be.. so im just hopeful we can move forward and remember why we became involved in the first place.. I imagine that due to circumstance, the insecurities will be mine!
Actually, I see the waiting and watching as part of the page of swords. And judging from this post, I'll guess your the page of cups :)

PsylentKate

Actually, I see the waiting and watching as part of the page of swords. And judging from this post, I'll guess your the page of cups :)

I imagine you are correct :) i will have to see what happens on saturday and report back ;)

Grizabella

I see these as a nice beginning to a promising relationship. First of all, Cups are a receptive sign and Swords are more phallic. From personal experience, it seems like a Cups/Swords relationship is starting from a healthy place and will have potential beyond a Wands/Pentacles one-night-stand. Why do I say that? Because the Cups bring true tender emotions that can grow into love, and the Swords suggest a meeting of minds for a relationship that's based on love, common interests, and being able to interact on a level that will be more lasting than one that's more kind of a flash in the pan type of relationship that's based on sex mostly.

PsylentKate

I see these as a nice beginning to a promising relationship. First of all, Cups are a receptive sign and Swords are more phallic. From personal experience, it seems like a Cups/Swords relationship is starting from a healthy place and will have potential beyond a Wands/Pentacles one-night-stand. Why do I say that? Because the Cups bring true tender emotions that can grow into love, and the Swords suggest a meeting of minds for a relationship that's based on love, common interests, and being able to interact on a level that will be more lasting than one that's more kind of a flash in the pan type of relationship that's based on sex mostly.

yes we have been 'involved' since the beginning of the year but it has been off and on on his part, we have a very good mental connection, and physical also.. but have had a disconnection and I have been working hard on myself, and hoping the relationship will rekindle somewhat, or at least become close friends again. I feel like this event could be the point where something definitive occurs to reunite..