Page of Wands as Soulmate

Pink_lipstick

Hello everyone,

I am a Tarot newbie, and I've been mostly playing with the cards by reading for myself. Now, as someone who is single I have this habit of asking my cards who my soulmate is/will be. :) And I do this with the full deck, without singling out just court cards, so it's obviously not a very serious approach. Now of course different non-court cards have popped up, but when it comes to the courts - the card that most often comes up is the Page of Wands.

Now...given the fact that I am 34, it's so confusing to me to get this card to represent my future soulmate. And it's almost consistently that this card comes up for this question. Aren't pages supposed to be really young? Also, the type of personality that this page embodies seems totally the opposite of me. I am a Virgo, slow-paced, sensitive, emotional, self-reflective, think-before-you-act type of person. For the life of me I can't imagine how I would get along with hyper, over the top, fiery wands energy. I get tired just reading what the Wands are all about. Although I have to admit that I do have this playful nature and also like to explore when in the right company.

So can you guys help me in how to interpret the Page of Wands in this context? If you were in my place, what would this card tell you about your soulmate? Blessings

nisaba

But you're not asking about a lover, spouse or lifetime lover - you're asking about a soulmate.

A soulmate is any soul you have a deeper than normal connection with.

It might be a child, a grandchild, a long-term pet, a friend.

Sometimes they're even the people who give you the most problems in life - it is in those cases their soulmate-agreement with you to trigger your darker side or teach you how strong you really are.

WalesWoman

This soulmate could also be someone who is an eternal explorer, always seeing the world with fresh eyes and wonder, playful, cheerful and a blast to be around, some one who is young at heart and full of life.

Pink_lipstick

Thank you both for your responses. :) Nisaba, I was actually asking the cards about a soulmate in love. I know that there is an issue with wording, but in my native language there isn't an exact term "soulmate" but "life companion" instead, which conveys this meaning. So I was asking about that.

WalesWoman, when I think about all the qualities that you mention, it's probably something that I miss in my life, and which would be good to have for a change.

werewolfmoon

The Page of Wands could very well be you, the cards do like to be a bit obscure at times, I get the Page all the time in connection with love readings and it's always me. The little Page boldly going were they have never been before and travelling hopefully like the Fool.

happyfish

As WalesWoman pointed out, the Page could represent someone who is young-at-heart, not necessarily young in age. It sounds like you might have an 'opposites attract' situation. You describe yourself as sensitive, emotional, and self-reflective. I think the Page of Wands might represent someone who can balance that out a bit. They might bring out your inclinations to be more lighthearted, and embody more of a playful exploration of life.

nisaba

Nisaba, I was actually asking the cards about a soulmate in love. I know that there is an issue with wording, but in my native language there isn't an exact term "soulmate" but "life companion" instead, which conveys this meaning. So I was asking about that.

I'm a native English speaker, and a life companion makes sense for a love-partner, but a soul-mate doesn't, because soul-mates can come into your life in any relationship you can imagine, even one of enemies. A soul mate is about someone who helps you develop, not about someone who loves and supports you.

Pink_lipstick

Thank you werewolfmoon and happyfish for responding. Werewolfmoon - Page of Wands representing me, hmmm...if it means I have no soulmate except myself, that would make sense, lol. I do hope it's more of a balance situation like happyfish suggested, someone who complements me, but hopefully not in an overwhelming way.

Nisaba, I wasn't talking about English, but a native language other than English. In some cultures and languages soulmate and life companion mean exactly the same thing; the term soulmate doesn't have an exact equivalent but something similar which is almost exclusively used in love relations. So I was referring to a soulmate in this context; I don't think it's so hard to understand what I meant. Maybe I should have used a different word when I titled this post, but I am pretty sure that the cards 'understand' no matter what language I use when talking to them. Otherwise, every word has multiple/different meanings, so how can we ever know which meaning our cards are responding to? For example, if I ask about a 'life companion', I risk my cards starting to talk about my phone - Samsung Galaxy s4. :D

Marlo

I see what you mean Pink_lipstick. In my native language, which is french, a soulmate is a romantic word to qualify a lover who completes the person you are.

In my culture, this word always involves a loving connotation and it couldn't define a foe or someone you don't get along with, we use other words for that.