Page Pentacles & 10 Swords

leelee

I am not sure how to interperate these two cards as they seems contradictory to me.

First of all I dont read reversals - I am having a hard enough time interperating cards upright so I dont like to confuse the matter and try to read reversals YET!. Any way I read alot about ill defined (I think thats the correct term?) cards and wonder if this combinations is an ill defined(??) pair.

"what do the page pentacles and 10 Swords suggest regarding one's thoughts on a purchase?"

I am interested to know how do I know what is ill defined and what isn't?

Thanks

Leelee

rwcarter

The term you're looking for is "ill-dignified." It refers to the interaction of cards of conflicting elements. Fire and Water are conflicting as are Air and Earth. The Page Pentacles is an Earth card and the 10 Swords is an Air card. So, yes, those two cards are ill-dignified towards one another.

Post 3 of the Table of Contents - All About Reading contains some already indexed threads on Elemental Dignities.

As one's thoughts on a purchase, the Page suggests to me the understanding that one will need to examine the purchase from all angles and possibly need to save up to make the purchase.

As the subject is about thoughts, it's interesting that there's a Swords card involved. The 10 Swords suggests a defeatist attitude about the purchase - no matter how much I save or how long I save, I'll never have or be able to afford this thing.

So the defeatist attitude of the 10S weakens the Page's natural inclination to examine and try to see if the purchase is even feasible. Does this make sense?

HTH,
Rodney

nisaba

leelee said:
"what do the page pentacles and 10 Swords suggest regarding one's thoughts on a purchase?"
The Page Pentacles is someone who hasn't mastered material resources yet, and specifically regarding a purchase, I assume that indicates that they make poor financial decisions. The Ten Swords in most decks is full of negative thinking. Looking at the two of them, I'd be advising against the purchase purely for financial reasons, and very strongly advising getting a loan or using credit to pay for it under any circumstances.