Paulina vs Joie de Vivre

Achlys

Hello everyone!
I currently own the Joie de Vivre deck, but have been looking into possibly getting the Paulina tarot as well.
The art looks very similar in the details, which would follow since they're by the same artist.
Is it worth having both or are they similar enough that if you own one you nay not need the other?
Which one do you prefer?

Thanks!

AnemoneRosie

I had the Paulina and I traded it away. Now I have the Joie de Vivre.
The art is similar, but it's smaller in Paulina, if that makes sense. She's gotten even more detailed and sometimes it can be hard to see. I feel like that deck needs to come with a magnifying glass, or cards so big that they're impossible to shuffle.

Sassyinkpen

I have the Paulina and keep eyeing up the Joie de Vivre.

The Paulina is very dense imagery and, in many cases, extremely detailed. Some of the cards LOOK extremely detailed, but when I examine them closely, there's not as much there as it first seems. The detail might be 700 tiny flowers, for example. Other cards, though, have little hidden details like letters and small animals that are always interesting to find.

From what I can see of the Joie de Vivre online and in videos, it seems to me that that deck is more light hearted, and the Paulina is a bit darker in mood.

I think the decks are different enough that I would eventually like to own both. I love her artwork, and it really speaks to me.

HearthCricket

I really like them both! For me, the Paulina is a bit darker, more mysterious, detailed, almost autumnal and wintry, like digging deep into the brambles near the edge of a wild field and discovering and entire world of magical, fey-like beings. The Joie de Vivre is brighter, more springlike, playful and slightly larger images, inviting us to join the dance. I used each one for different moods, so I do think it is worth having both. Both have a wonderful whimsical feel to them. :)

Juliana

I think it is definitely worth having both. I'm definitely happy that I have each of them. I think they are both amazing, but if I had to pick a favorite, it would be the Paulina. I'm a sucker for that darker, mysterious atmosphere.

Achlys

Thanks, everyone! I will probably end up getting both then ^_^"
The collection keeps growing!