Personal Experience with the Devil as a Person

Lucille

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place. Despite being a member for a year now, I'm still learning the ropes here.

Has the Devil card ever appeared to be quite literal-negative- in a reading regarding someone you know?

I had a reading regarding two men who used to be in my life and one who will come soon enough; the Devil was spot on in describing one I no longer speak to. He was everything negative you could say about this card. From manipulative, abusive (emotionally and verbally), to possessive, he was all of these with a glob of stalker on top. His way of yanking the chains was to spew a long line of false accusations, especially when he saw me talking with friends. This man made my life hell for nearly a year because he could and no one above him would reprimand him- they all took his side. This all happened in a professional environment (we did not date and he was one of my authority figures), in which I admired him initially until his true colors began to show. I am not the only person he has behaved so callously towards. There is a long list of women who have complained about him and have found others afraid to go against him.

The reader who pulled the card representing him also pulled the World card before the Devil. What I remember most was her warning me to stay away from him and wishing I had consulted her a year and a half before. I understand the two cards together and am not questioning the reader's interpretation. I am just wondering if the Devil has come up for anyone else in such a way?

Chiriku

I belong to the school of thought that sees the Major Aracana as life lessons, greater spiritual examples or truths, rather than individual people.

That said,

This all happened in a professional environment (we did not date and he was one of my authority figures), in which I admired him initially until his true colors began to show. I am not the only person he has behaved so callously towards. There is a long list of women who have complained about him and have found others afraid to go against him.

I have seen the Devil come up to describe the dynamics surrounding a leader-figure--usually charismatic but not necessarily--who abuses their power and invites the sycophantic admiration or servitude of underlings.

This does not mean that the person themself is The Devil, but the Devil card describes the dynamics surrounding both the individual and his or her devotees or subordinates. Cult leaders wouldn't exist without cult members to prop them up.

queenxofxwands

Yes it has, most notably for drug addicted controlling a******s. Just recently got this card in a spread about my ex husband....couldnt argue with it :D Have it come up a lot for people who have addictions, whether its alcohol, legal, or illegal drugs. All of which was confirmed, so yes, i have seen it in a very negative way as far as a person goes. It happens. Theres a lot of them around. Of course, it wont be seen as negative if you like that kind of person though.

danieljuk

just as suggestions as people who could be "Devil" type people (and I have come across people like this).

- someone who has addictions, like queenxofxwands wrote. They don't know moderation!

- someone (male or female) who is extremely beautiful. but very dangerous to be around. They know their sexuality but have many people sort of "addicted" to them. They don't come across as the devil, that is the thing you have to watch with them. Manipulative and Charismatic

- someone very into "risk". That might be in their sex lives or into extreme sports and daredevil behaviour.

- finally someone who feels powerless and the victim in their lives. For example someone with physical or mental health chronic problems. They are "trapped" in their situation that they find hard to get out of

Lorraine1100

If you can think of someone who displays all the characteristics of Narcisstic Personality Disorder, that pretty much sums up the Devil. Might be worth you 'Googling' that term and reading through the personality traits it will give you a good idea as to what and who you are dealing with!!

LaRazia

I have experience! I wrote about it. the devil always comes up as her significator.

I know a girl who is an elite prostitute. She used to be a street prostitute until she upgraded. She constantly brags about an entire footbalkl team having sex with her, she breags about how much money she earns from sex, she constantly brags how she can steal any man from any girl ,and she also brags about how many marriages and relationships she ruined,her face and body are deformed from plastic surgeries and everywhere she goes she appears half naked, she tends to walk naked to the waist down in broad daylight, she loves when women suffer because of her presence and she once openly said how she would never want world peace because she loves war. she loves when men fight over her,she ruined every relationship or marriage she has ever set her eyes on and men despite knowing what she is like and what type of evil she is still go after her like headless nick's, and when they realize what they have done its already too late.
She has no sense of anything...she will sleep with a father and son in the same time and send the wife text messages taunting her, with brothers she manages to stur up trouble everywhere she goes and well...do I really need to continue?

Btw, she is extremelly deluded about her appearance,she believes she is the ultimate woman and she is the most hottest girl but her looks arent even really that great. But she is horribly arrogant and full of herself.

LaRazia

And I forgot to add,she isnt beautiful in the least. She is horrendous, like I said her face is deformed from plastic surgeries. BUT she is convinced that she is the most beautiful there is.

I am actually tempted in lieu of study purposes to post her picture.

Lucille

Wow... Thank you for replying.

I asked this question because everything I looked up was rather too optimistic or didn't apply. I couldn't believe myself to be the only person who has endured such vileness from another person.

Chiriku, that's another way to think of it, which I hadn't before. I'm still a newbie to tarot and learning as I go.

Queen of Wands, there's no way that I could see his behavior as positive. Just being in his presence made my blood turn cold, even without seeing him first.

DanielJuk, he is good looking, but quite empty inside. Like you said, people can be addicted to them- he had a huge following of young girls after him. A friend of mine, who's hesitant to say anything bad about anyone, told me she didn't understand why so many women were attracted to him. She's known him longer than I have and a year before I showed up he nearly ruined her reputation and work by telling others that she copied someone else's work. Since then, understandably, he has been on her **** list.

Lorraine, I will definitely look it up when I have more time.

LaRazia, I know someone exactly like that, except she covets what other women already have as if by manipulating their husbands she'll find the same happiness she envisions- she wants their families and lives/lifestyles. She only involves herself with married men. They're never single or just dating. We were friends until she insinuated that she had a much deeper relationship with a guy I was "talking" to. She didn't see that she was wrong and acted like I had no right to cut her off completely (by then I saw what kind of person she was). I don't know if her significator would be the Devil if I did a reading about her. Too bad I promised myself and my cards that I would never do a reading for someone who evokes negative thoughts.

re-pete-a

Have you not noticed that the world in general really looks after these types. Luck, money, popularity,professional position, plus a whole lot more... Even the law seems to be supportive.

Doesn't it make one ponder the deep underlying energy that's involved ...in supporting these types.?