Personality, Soul and Shadow Cards

Free Flight

Hi All

I am sure this has been discussed before but my search parameters have not yielded anything

My first question: Is there any easy way to work out Shadow cards?

My second question: I have put some thought into personality and soul cards. Is there anyone out there who has the less favourable cards as a soul or personality card ie the tower? How does that make you feel? What implications does this have on you?

I could imagine if my personality card was the tower I would be a little fearful

Any thoughts on this welcome

:)
FF

MeeWah

A shadow card merely represents an unknown aspect, oft reflective of a self aspect or in some instances, a situation.

Any card can act as a shadow card, given that each card is endowed with the full range of possibilities across the board.

One or more can be determined by the Angeles Arrien/Mary K. Greer method of ascertaining first the Personality & Soul Cards, which can be the same card depending on the sum total of the birth month, day & year.

The Shadow Card would then be a card or cards contained within the Personality/Soul Card. For example, a Personality/Soul of 7-The Chariot would have 16-The Tower as Shadow because 7 is 1+6. Greer refers to it as the Hidden Factor in that it is "hidden", not immediately obvious or seen.

My preference is the term "Shadow" as I see it as reflective of "the other side" or "the dark side" which has its place alongside the light. They are just terms of definition & thus neutral rather than judgemental.

Another idea to keep in mind is that oft-recurring cards can be seen as a sort of shadow influence or of guidance. Shadow cards are not to be feared. They represent one part of the dual nature of an individual & as such, provide clarity & insight into the wholistic pattern of individuation & behaviour.

MeeWah

A Tower Personality/Soul an individual who not only learneth of the exterior life experiences but also instrumental in contributing or causing changes in his own environment & of far-reaching impact. A shaker & a mover in more ways than one.

In its exalted capacity, the ability to initiate new ideas & to promote same; to see to their manifestation constructively.

The Shadow Card, The Chariot. Challenges of self-discipline; direction; setting goals & follow through.

Free Flight

Thanks Meewah
All very relevant and appreciate your feedback

x Ainsley

StellarMyst

What is a Soul Card?

Hi,

I guess I'm a little confused about what exactly the soul card is in relation to the querent. Could someone give recommendations for reading material in regard to such a term?

I understand how to calculate the Personality, Year, Character cards. I have just never run into the use of this 'Soul Card' term. I have the book, The Complete Book of Tarot Spreads.

Is there a dictionary of Tarot on-line?

StellarMyst

nevermind. I found it finally! This is not my day... :(