Pet-Owner Dream Connection?

violetdaisy

So, my DH confided in me during our lunch out yesterday that when Ebony (One of 3 dogs here, adopted & named before we got her) sleeps in such a way that they're essentially cuddling (she's 47lbs) he has vivid dreams with her in them.

Apparently; a few days ago he had an incredibly realistic dream with her in it - to the point that it mimicked a memory. He said that while he knows it's a dream, it still feels more real than many of the memories he actually does have.

Oddly (to me) he's a skeptic of Tarot and other divination tools and of dreams being anything other than dreams the vast majority of times. I think it's odd because of all of the other not-provable stuff he believes. (Ghosts, Ancient Alien Theory....and he has had 2 predictive dreams in the past but they happened within 12 hours of the event.)

So, I offered up a few thoughts to him about this most recent dream and received zero indication that anything I said could be a possibility. Now I'm asking if there's any other suggestions I missed from the list below.

1) It is predictive. It will happen.
2) He's dreaming because Ebony is also in that part of her sleep cycle and they're linking somehow. (He does believe in empath abilities -b/c he has them - just didn't know the term until I told him.)
3) It's showing an experience he'd like to have - a desire (nothing ominous happened - there was a bit of anxiety in one part but everything was fine).
4) Something within his brain has shifted and he's now able to have vivid dreams that he remembers in detail much more often. It's a coincidence that it happens to be about Ebony.

Any other suggestions? He showed no response to any of the above - just kept saying that the dream was more real than real memories.

JoJoCat

A few thoughts that came immediately to mind:

It could also have been Ebony's dream that he tagged along in. Or it could be a blend of #3 and #1-- something he wants to happen that he's in the course of creating or recreating in dream space. Or it could be a message from his spirits or ancestors or guides or ghosts (or from aliens).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

violetdaisy

A few thoughts that came immediately to mind:

It could also have been Ebony's dream that he tagged along in. Or it could be a blend of #3 and #1-- something he wants to happen that he's in the course of creating or recreating in dream space. Or it could be a message from his spirits or ancestors or guides or ghosts (or from aliens).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't ask Ebony about her dreams; but that would make sense because the only identifiable people in the dream are people she has come into contact with and feels a bond with. (There was a "crowd" of people at a point but J. Didn't describe their look and he probably would have if it was detailed.

Kinda makes me want to have a security camera and just point it at her & let it roll from the time I get up to the time he gets up. See if he talks any gibberish or if she has facial/body/leg twitches....don't think he'd go for that lol - unless he could use the camera for something else.