Picking a Deck

SpiritOfTheDogz

Just a thought, if our spirit guides help us with the readings we do, do they help us pick the decks in which we pick as "they" would find them easier to work with?
Maybe when we have an intinct to use a different deck or an oracle deck then it is a different guide helping us at those times?

Paul

6 Haunted Days

I imagine if you believe that spirit guides direct and inform your readings, then they would do so in every other aspect of your life...including being prompted to use a certain deck. I don't see why they would only input during readings but nothing else.

I myself don't believe in a spirit guide directing readings, decks etc.

MareSaturni

I agree with 6HD...if the spirit is guiding your reading, i suppose it'd help you to choose the best method to 'hear it'.

I also don't believe that guides give you the messages, guide the reading and all. Only i know the hard work i have to study and learn tarot by myself, without any spiritual voices helping etc.

celticnoodle

SpiritOfTheDogz said:
Just a thought, if our spirit guides help us with the readings we do, do they help us pick the decks in which we pick as "they" would find them easier to work with?
Maybe when we have an intinct to use a different deck or an oracle deck then it is a different guide helping us at those times?

Paul
sure, why not? maybe when we 'hear' a specific deck calling to us, it's really our guides telling us to use this specific deck.

Alta

SpiritOfTheDogz said:

Paul
It has not been my experience, but certainly for those who work closely with guides it seems reasonable that this could be happening.

M

lark

I work with guides and yes, if I ask they will direct me to a deck, but they never dictate....they are big on freewill and only respond when you ask them in to help you.

scorpio-eagle43

i agree with lark, when i have bought stuff myself sometimes they have been hard for me to read with, when i have asked spirit guides to help me pick decks which would help me more, i have got much better decks which i think speak to me more

each to their own beliefs x

Grizabella

celticnoodle said:
sure, why not? maybe when we 'hear' a specific deck calling to us, it's really our guides telling us to use this specific deck.

Well, in that case, my guide is the same as my Muse, Gertrude. She's usually hungover from partying with Bacchus and is too done in to do much more than wave a limp finger in the wrong direction. My guide has led me to some of the worst decks!

Chu'si

Sounds like you got some helpful guides there, mine just pop in randomly, sometimes at what seems like the least necessary times. But they're good company at least.

Despite what everyone else thinks, they may not have anything to do with picking out a deck. It may all just be out of your preference, since you are the reader after all. A lot of spirit guides don't follow human logic, they just do what they feel like doing. Bird spirits especially like to do that.