Please tell me if you own the Illuminated Tarot

Tibor

Hi guys,

I searched for it on AT and the screen went blank,but if anyone knows the thread for this deck please let me know as I wanna know what others think who own this deck. I'm particularly interested in opinions on those editions that have been done with iridescent colours, double-painted iridescent and glitter and iridescent.

This deck is my next 'target'. I dont usually do wishlists as I usually get what I want (that's why I'm stony broke for a year now :) but obvioulsy in this case as it costs a fortune I must patiently wait and save which kills me because the more I look at these cards on the website the more I consider robbing a bank or something because I just cant accept the fact that I cant afford these cards at the moment :(
Anyway hope by summer I can save up for it ;)

Aerin

I have one medium with iridescent and a pocket without. I like both.

Before I chose Carol sent me a sample of an iridescent card and a non-iridescent card: she offers this through her website. I'd recommend you take her up on the offer: so much easier to choose when you have seen them and also because of the expense of the iridescent if it turns out you aren't bothered about the effect. Or even dislike it.

I know that some people hate the iridescent and some people love it. You can't really tell from online.

Aerin

Tibor

Thanks a lot. I was gonna request some samples from her:)
I knew about this deck for a while now.The first time I saw the cards online I just thought to myself: 'Why waste your money this is just another Rider Waite clone' but recently something has changed and now I really think they are not just another Rider Waite clone.

That is why I wanted to ask for opinions on it because if you say 'Just stick to your Original Waite or Universal Waite and save your money in these times of recession' :) then I might actually take your advice. But if people say they are trully amazing then I will persist in saving up for it.

Aerin

Well, the trouble is that is so personal...

I find that the cards speak more eloquently to me than the Universal, which is a bit pastel and pretty. I like the Original, but it is more stark and not as persuasive somehow. So the Illuminated is one of my regular reading decks. The colours are beautiful.

But there are other decks (ok, so Magic Realist Press) that I would choose first, given that I have the Original. This deck comes high on the list though.... and it is one of the more reasonably priced 'artists' decks. Especially for the non-iridescent version ....

If I was strapped for cash, and still really wanted the deck, then I'd go for a non-iridescent. The power of the colouring is still very much apparent.

Aerin

nisaba

Erk! Um ... I guess I'm just not an Illuminated kind of girl. If I were to get a close RWS clone, I'd go the Diamond, which doesn't offend me as much as some of the others do. This one offends me. So does the Morgan-Greer (which I own, and which I've given away, and which I teach with). Still, this is another deck to add to the list of decks I'm prepared to allow in the classroom, so I get something positive out of it.