Pointner Tarot?

catlin

How is your opinion about this one?

Alta

Is that the Tarot Piatnik Wien? That's the only thing that tarotgarden produces when I put Pointner Tarot into their search bar.

If not, do you have any links?

catlin

Yes, Marion, it is the Piatnik edition.

catlin

Checked out Wicce.com but the review was not so favourable (ok, the cards seem to be sloppy done).

Annabelle

Catlin, here's another recent thread on the Piatnik Wien (or Pointner) tarot:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=25585&highlight=piatnik

I have this deck, and like it. I don't think that it is sloppy - but it is bright and off-beat and fun. I would also say it is difficult to use for readings unless you are already familiar with using TdM style decks, since the pips are non-scenic.

catlin

Thanks Anabelle, for the link. Here it is out for around US$ 60 which I consider too much as it is still available.

Trump Lloyd

Buy.com now lists this deck as a new item for $16.94
ISBN: 9780913866719
Publisher: USGAM
Publish Date: 8/5/2008
Buy.com Sku: 208791165
Temporarily out of stock. Free shipping.

SolSionnach

Le Fanu

Alida have it (about 30 euros I think). If they had a "wishlist" option, Id have put the Pointner Wien tarot there ages ago. That basically means I quite like it, but ít´s one of those decks which I mean to buy. And never get round to.

I like the look of it. It´s in Kaplan Vol I. It isn´t sloppy, I don´t think, it´s just late 60s (or maybe even 70s). Very much of it´s time. It makes me think of a kind of tarot for the industrial age. Quite unique in it´s way...