Possible meaining for Hermit Rx in aims/aspirations position?

LeMonde

Hello all,

I did an amazing reading (Celtic Cross) and wound up with The Hermit reversed in the third position, which I read as aims and/or aspirations, and place above the first two cards. Any thoughts on potential meanings would be great.

One of Mary Greer's meanings which is the search for meaning and relationships really speaks to me. The card is also above the Heirophant reversed, which is in the fourth position, showing the recent past. That makes me think of the alter-ego relationship these two cards have, that I tried out the organized end of the spiritual search, and there was just too much about it that bothered me.

The upside down Hermit is also dropping his lantern onto The Tower, which is the immediate future card. So is his power the force that will overturn what's established, and make me see things in radically different ways?

Your insights are greatly appreciated.

balenciaga

I will restrict my comments to the Hermit rx in aims/aspirations position (we are not in the readings forum):

You might be "overcautious" to go looking for the true answers - you might be afraid of what you find as the truth. As if one goes digging and unearths what they did not expect/want to find. In this position, it has come up rx - you might want to think how you can go about turning it right side up.

SpaceCadet

I get professional tarot readings done from time to time, so I offer my interpretations from the querent's point of view, I hope it is helpful to some.

I had the Tower show up with the Hermit in a reading recently. I suffered several traumatic losses that caused me to turn into a hermit. I'm not on a spiritual journey, not looking for answers to guide me out, at the moment anyway. I have quite literally removed myself from society as much as I am able.

I don't know, the Hermit holds the light and for my situation the Hermit doesn't see the light. Maybe that's one way to look at the Hermit reversed?