Properties of Earth in Astrology

Whippy

Here's an off the wall question I've been pondering for a lil while now and I'd like to see what you all think...

SURELY it is only a matter of time before we (as a species) start having babies in outer space or on the Moon or on planets other than Earth.

When this happens, what properties do you feel Earth will place into the natal charts of space babies?

I think when I reincarnate, I'd like to have Earth in Libra :D

ravenest

Apparently not

It wont work, as astrolgers here state, signs have nothing to do with stars, never did, never could and never will. They are segments of space of equal 30 deg. segments that run along the line of the ecliptic in relation to the viewpoint from earth.

Go off into outer space, change perspective and non of it works anymore. Sorry.

However if you want to relate astrology to constellations and star groups .... but sorry, apparently that is not astrology and not worthy of debate here ;)

But you would need a new reference and starting point that was not the equinoctal point, and if you wanted to go down that path I'd suggest following the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn's astrology and NASA's system where they see Regulus in Leo as 0 deg. longitude instead of the spring equinoctal point

Grigori

This don't answer your question really, but a related thread can be found here. :) Some people do use "earth" as a point in our charts, though its not the actual planet, but rather its shadow, as the actual earth is at the centre of the chart.

Whippy

Hi ravenest, Sidereal rather than tropical Asrtrology does indeed use the star constellations as reference rather than the 30 degree equal portions of the universe so I'd agree with you in one respect because I practice western Astrology myself....but to say the Sidereal system is NOT Astrology, I REALLY gotta disagree. It's not "worthy of debate" because it IS Astrology, not because it isn't.

If you were born on the Moon and drew up a geocentric chart with the Moon as the center of the chart, yes it would be possible and YES it would work...but you would have an Earth in your chart and no Moon. <nods>