queen of cups

unicorndancer

Hi, just wanting some help on what the queen of cups as factors to consider in a relationship spread would mean? thanks

KariRoad

Someone thoughtful, a "Great" cook, always a friend.
Good at cards too, whether winning~ or even better.

nisaba

unicorndancer said:
Hi, just wanting some help on what the queen of cups as factors to consider in a relationship spread would mean? thanks
I was actually listening to my recording of Charles Gearing's workshop just this morning, and he defined her as water-in-water, with the motivational phrase: "I inspire you to act".

So while she doesn't actually do much herself, her presence acts as a catalyst, inspiring others to take on courses of action that they perhaps wouldn't have even thought of if she wasn't in the situation.

Shebelle

The Queen of Cups as a factor to consider in a relationship suggests a female influence. Whether YOU are the Queen or another woman is the Queen would be the first question I'd answer if I'd drawn these cards for myself.

Assuming that there is no other woman affecting the relationship (another gf, a former gf, a mother or friend), I'd ask the following questions:

1) How much is my desire for affection or for a committed relationship affecting the progress of the relationship, as it is now? Am I smothering my mate? Am I trying to make a more intimate connection with him than he seems to want?

2) Do I have any intuitive feelings about the progress of this relationship? Am I feeling a vague sense of anything -- I may not be able to say exactly "why"?

3) Have I been moodier than usual? Are there other issues I'm facing right now that may need more attention from me than the relationship?

4) In the current relationship, what is the balance of power? Does he seem more interested in me, romantically, than I do in him? Is the Queen of Cups a reflection of his desire for the relationship with me to progress more rapidly than what I would like?

5) Generally speaking: do I want a committed relationship at this time or am I more interested in pursuing casual relationships?

unicorndancer

thank u so much for ur replies...Nisba i think you could be right in so far as much as me maybe being the reason for change. the catalyst for change. shebelle,,,yes alot of what you have to say can be implied as well.
i do want i think a more committed relationship than what i am getting...he has changed alot since we met...this relationship has been back and forth back and forth and i just want to get on with it.

there is an ex wife in the picture (dueto children) but i dont think she has alot of influence on our relationship...not sure? i thought it was the presence of another women mainly her at first but i dont think it plays much on this relationship unless its focusing on where he went wrong on their break up...which he has admitted finally to his part in it.

SirRushing

unicorndancer said:

Positive: An emotional cheerleader by saying something that will boast your self-esteem. They will tell you that you look great, or that you are talented, or you give he best sex ever.

Negative: A psychophant. They will tell you anything you want to hear in order to remain your friend, even if the thing is not for your best interest. Like if you are rich and famous with a drug habit and that person is your talent agent and the thought of you not working as an actor means that they won't get that $1 million commission a year, if you take 6 to 8 months off to go to rehab and get your life back in order. So they will tell you, "No, you don't have a drug problem. Look at Lindsey Lohan, now that is a drug problem. Meh, your addiction is just mild, not bad at all. Don't worry about it, you will be fine."

Or

Positive: A person that cares about another.

Negative: A person that cares about another a little too damn much. They care for other people's emotional needs than their own. Usually someone with low self-esteem who is usually a doormat to other people. They are into making other people happy and will sacrifice their own emotional happiness, because they don't value themselves.

PAMUYA

unicorndancer said:

The other side of this Queen:
Factors to consider: Can this person stand alone, are they emotionally stable? Are they a dreamer, someone who tends to live in fantasies? This card wants you to consider this Queens emotions, overemotional?, are all decisions based on emotions? Are you not letting emotions into the equation? These are just a few of the possibilites.

Shebelle

Unicorndancer: just another thought on the Q of C, given the info you shared (that this guy has an ex). It may not be that he's necessarily focused on what went wrong in that relationship so much as he's focused on making sure his relationship to her stays as stable as possible because they have kids. I would consider her a strong influence on the relationship -- on any future relationship for him! -- because she's the mother of his children. She will ALWAYS be a relationship influence.