Queen of Wands in DruidCraft-what does the quote mean?

Trailgirl

Hi all!
I have searched for the answer in the DruidCraft study group but have not found it.

I am using DruidCraft as the deck for my daily readings. I recently pulled out the Queen of Wands and looked up the "Meaning" in the accompanying book (from my question, I am pretty sure she does not signify a person in this reading) by Philip & Stephanie Carr-Gomm:
"it may represent a calling (..) to working with the powers of the land- particularly those related to the "fire in the earth" of dragon, or ley, lines."
?
I have no idea what the above could mean - can someone help me?

canid

LOVE this deck! Well, the Welsh simply call Ley lines Dragon lines. Does this help?

Trailgirl

...a little bit, thank you, canid, I love this deck,too, this is the first thing that completely threw me.. What exactly are "the powers of the land related to the "fire in the earth" of ley lines" then?

Thirteen

"it may represent a calling (..) to working with the powers of the land- particularly those related to the "fire in the earth" of dragon, or ley, lines."
Ley Lines are unseen paths that criss cross the Earth and the belief is that they hold secret powers. So those who can see them, can access those powers. It's not surprising that these are "fire in the earth" as I'm sure the concept of Ley Lines came, in part, from volcanic activity. If you imagine someplace like Iceland where, almost anywhere, the earth might crack open and you'll get steam from hot, volcanic activity, you get the idea of how mystics view Ley Lines. No one knows they are there, yet there is "fire" running through them and their lines carry power, not unlike buried cables carrying electricity.

The Queens, being of Water, all have psychic potential. I'm not sure why this deck would focus on Ley Lines for the Queen/Wands rather than pyromancy, but I suppose Ley Lines are more "fiery" than Earthy.

rwcarter

Did you know there's a DruidCraft Study Group? I glanced through the Queen Wands post and didn't see anything about it. But it may be covered elsewhere (or not). Anyhow, it may be a useful resource to you since you're using the deck. :)

Trailgirl

Thank you, Thirteen :)

Since posting, I have actually "been shown" by a few synchronicities what the reading meant.
"Working with secret powers" - yes, that makes sense now as what I came to interpret it is "working intensively on developing my intuition". It is more in depth than that but...yes, it all makes sense at the end of the day :)