Quest Tarot - Devil

BlueBird5

This is just a continuation for the discussion I started about the card I pulled out from the Quest Tarot.

==> http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=111522

BlueBird5 said:
What an irony... I opened up the deck and cherished it... the images are lovely. Last night I tried to connect with this Quest Tarot... question myself if this this the right deck for me to keep.

Pulled out one card ==> "The Devil"

omg... what does this mean?

tabi

I've always found the Quest to have a slightly skewed sense of humor. Admittedly, I have a pretty strange one myself so I would appreciate the funniness of pulling the Devil, who's keyword is Temptation but has a Carpicorn astrology association.

Reason being: Cappys are hard working people who will stick to anything even if it isn't in their best interest...hence the temptation. Could also be suggestion that it is going to tempt you into buying more tarot decks. ;)

Crystelle

You know, when you pull the Devil as a relationship card, it doesn't always signify a bad relationship. I've never really done this exercise and I haven't seen the Quest tarot deck but my first impression when I read your post is that the other meaning that sometimes comes up in relationship spreads may apply here; a very sensual, almost addictive relationship. With tabi's comment on "skewed sense of humor" I wonder if the deck is "saying":

Girl, once you've had Quest, you'll NEVER go back! ;)

Tansey Ella

The quest is fun. I posted on the other thread that if i keep asking the same question it will spell out
quit
he he
I ask who was here with me, a spirit that is, and it spelled out
dev
I was a bit taken back but asked more detailed questions. It spelled out a friends name and a little joke we had between us.
I love the quest deck. It can be a powerful tool .

BlueBird5

LOL... I am afraid to ask what you have asked... I dont want to know if there are other beings around me.. if it does, it will definitely freak me out.

tabi... guess you are right... coz this is the 5th tarot deck I purchased within a week and I still urge to get more... hmmm... LOL

balenciaga

BlueBird5 said:
this is the 5th tarot deck I purchased within a week and I still urge to get more... hmmm

Sounds like you need to visit the denabling thread in Talking Tarot forum here at AT. Check it out, they are good at fixing your little problem:)

I do not have the quest, but I will check out the devil card via the link. Unlike Crystelle, I have never had a good experience with the devil in a relationship reading. Maybe I am missing something:)

Faolainn Storm

I do have the Quest deck, but unfortunately it is one of my packed away decks, so I can't comment on that particular devil, however I was interviewing some of my decks recently, and for the question "what does this deck bring to the partnership?", my Legacy of the Divine gave me the Devil. I interpreted this as suggesting the deck was bringing temptation, and (more importantly) a great sense of humour. I felt it was saying, "Oh, come on, you know you want me. We'll have lots of fun together, never a boring moment. Let me tempt you with my beauty. Together we can have it all, you and me together forever..."

So I would interpret the devil as saying "Am I the right deck for you? Of course I am. I'm fun, mysterious, tempting. I'll always tell it as it is, but in a fascinating and charming way. You'll never be bored with me. Come one, you know you want me. }) })" Think Jack Nicholson in the Witches of Eastwick - charming, a little wicked, but a lot of fun to be with.

All in all, I see the Devil as a reasonably good card - tempting, charming, funny, though possibly addictive. But of course, not all addictions are bad. Tarot is a great addiction - it is not socially or physically damaging, just damaging to the bank balance ;).

FS

BlueBird5

help..help.. I am addicted to the tarot now... how the "Devil" showed my desires.. :D