Question about natal chart

Cactus

Hi,

I was wondering how people got started in interpreting their natal chart. I am self taught and as time goes on, I'm not as confused as I used to be. How does everyone else do it?

celticnoodle

is this what you were looking for?

The report was generated with the following birth data: female, born on 21 May 1968 at 5:50 am in Summit, New Jersey.

Your sun sign is Gemini. This is the sign in which the Sun is in your birth chart. Your Ascendant is also in Gemini, and your Moon is in Pisces.

In case you are wondering why you are addressed as Gemini in this report: If you had been born 9 hours 45 minutes earlier, you would be the preceding sign Taurus. The exact hour at which the sun moves from one sign into the next is different every year.

Partner references which may occur in the text are set for a relationship with a man. Explanation

Sun in Gemini, Moon in Pisces

You were born with the Sun in Gemini and the Moon in Pisces. You seem to possess some excellent qualities. In one respect you are extremely intellectual and subtle. Your inner nature is one of reason. You are intelligent, astute, flexible, and versatile.

The Moon in Pisces definitely affects your personality or role in society, in which others see you in a different manner. You seem to be quiet and easy going, but somewhat restless. You are one of those persons who seeks variety, and you change your mind very easily. You will be criticized because you appear irresolute and sometimes cannot be relied upon. This comes about because you are rather easily discouraged. Your personality shows an inclination toward reading and all sorts of imaginative pursuits.

Your problem is, first of all, that you lack ability to make quick decisions. You are also very influenced by others. On many occasions you will feel a sense of despair, which will drain you of all the energy required to continue your projects. You should fight against these negative states of mind as much as possible.

Your feelings are not in accordance with your actions. Internally, you have the ability to solve day-to-day problems, but externally, you are too emotional. You should try to harmonize these two traits.

Ascendant in Gemini, Mercury in the First House

At the time of your birth the zodiacal sign of Gemini was ascending in the horizon. Its ruler Mercury is located in the first house.

Your ascending sign and the position of its ruler offers general information concerning the overall trends of the course of life and complements the data pertaining to your temperament, given previously by the analysis of the combined positions of the Sun and Moon.

Gemini is the third sign of the zodiac and among its key psychological influences over life there are the following: intellectual activities, humanism, and abhorrence of violence, constant doubt of all mental concepts, hesitancy and academic interest.

People whose ascending sign is Gemini usually appear as elegant, slender, expressive, and with very humane facial expressions. They are individuals with some literary inclination, dexterous with manual labors and crafts, apt, able, witty, inventive and very curious and subtle.

A Gemini in the ascendant will always distinguish herself by her rather eloquent speech and writing, her much occupied daily life, and her perpetual lack of an ability to effect swift and determined decisions. As a Gemini, you should try to compensate your hesitancy with fast thinking.

Your disposition to life-events will be kind and generous (within bounds) but not always fortunate, because of too much vacillation in decision-making circumstances. You possess the capability of rising in life because of your own intellectual assets.

Your mind is open and generous, and your intellect self-sufficient; yet on many occasions, judgment will appear as "twisted". You should restrain useless discussion, strife, and unprofitable argument as they're your worst enemies.

To achieve success, you should stress your literary and scientific studies, give free hand to your brilliant intellect in warranted circumstances, and apply your diligent nature to writing, traveling, communications, and human analysis. In all these activities you are at your best.

You seem to be definitely signified with a restless and changeable spirit prone to perpetual concern and questioning.

Communication, writing, speech, make for a hectic life and may result in making you a nervous and hurried person, incapable of tranquillity.

Mars Conjunct Ascendant

Mars conjunct the Ascendant gives you an inexhaustible supply of energy. You are constantly in motion, but sometimes it is motion without meaning. Lacking self-discipline, you take daring and unnecessary risks when challenged. You want most of all for people to recognize your superiority.

The image you present hides a persistent inferiority complex. You probably win your arguments by making the most noise and wearing out your opponents with unceasing harassment. But you do not need to waste energy this way, because you have enormous creative ability that merely needs to be harnessed to an objective. When you do this, no one can succeed as easily as you can, and with energy to spare.

On the positive side, you are independent and self-confident. You know how to mobilize people and their resources to achieve your objectives.

Moon in the Eleventh House

The Moon was found in the eleventh house at the time of your birth. You should be an individual with many friends and acquaintances, both from within and without your home and domestic circle. You are a person who can make friends in the highest social categories as well as with persons of an inferior status.

This position may also increase the possibilities of having a satisfactory family life and a very congenial domestic aspect with the potentiality of easily fraternizing with other people.

Sun in the Twelfth House

The Sun was in your twelfth house at the time of birth. This may indicate a life full of limitations, obstacles, and human opposition, but at the same time a lot of inner strength and energy.

You are urged to pause and reflect upon your own accumulated history. Take some time for introspection. It may result in a purification process accompanied by some remorse of conscience.

Internally, you are quite different from the way you present yourself externally. You possess a vast reservoir of energy that may be partially hidden even from your own awareness.

Your internal disposition is strong, commanding, open, and of a rare generosity. More and more you should try to bring these characteristics into the open so that they can overcome some of the less desirable aspects of your personality.

Sun Conjunct Ascendant

The Sun conjunct the Ascendant shows that you have a great desire for recognition and are creative in finding ways to gain attention. In general you are uncompromising. You have great faith in your ability to rise above any of life's negative circumstances. You know how to use your vast creative resources in a direct assault against any adversary, and you believe that eventually you will succeed. Most often you do, but when challenged by stiff competition you will resort to brute force to demonstrate that you do not give in without a fight. You know how to win friends and influence people, and you use this talent effectively.

To be truly comfortable in your profession, you need to have a position of some authority over others.

Venus in the Twelfth House

Venus was in the twelfth house at the time of birth.

Only those very close to you have a hint of the little known facets of your personality. Regardless of the way you speak and express yourself, when you are alone, relaxed, and free of worry, you can have a sociable and congenial temperament that runs alongside a generous, kind, and attractive character.

This astrological combination may lead you into clandestine love affairs. Unless you use a great amount of tact and diplomacy, these secret affairs may create social complications that force premature termination.

Saturn in the Twelfth House

Saturn was in the twelfth house at the time of birth. This planet may place many unpleasant and annoying obstacles in your life, and intensify the feelings you have about the limitations of your environment.

Your professional honor affects your feelings very much and you are well satisfied when things go well. Destiny may have to teach you to tell the difference between fact and fantasy more clearly.

Certain complexes nest in your subconscious and show up in your mind as hypersensitivity, wanting to be alone and to do things by yourself so no one will know how you feel. You need a bit of humor and self-confidence.

Astrological Data used for Short Report - Personal Portraitfor Cactus (female)
born on 21 May 1968 local time 5:50 am
in Summit, NJ (US) U.T. 09:50
74w22, 40n44 sid. time 20:48:56

Planetary positionsplanet sign degree motion
Sun Gemini 0°23'25 in house 12 direct
Moon Pisces 25°42'40 in house 11 direct
Mercury Gemini 22°41'52 in house 1 direct
Venus Taurus 22°15'44 in house 12 direct
Mars Gemini 8°57'35 in house 1 direct
Jupiter Leo 27°07'12 in house 4 direct
Saturn Aries 20°54'14 in house 12 direct
Uranus Virgo 25°08'04 in house 5 retrograde
Neptune Scorpio 25°01'03 in house 6 retrograde
Pluto Virgo 20°11'51 in house 5 retrograde
True Node Aries 18°01'39 in house 12 direct

House positions (Placidus)Ascendant Gemini 3°23'46
2nd House Gemini 27°05'28
3rd House Cancer 17°38'39
Imum Coeli Leo 9°47'22
5th House Virgo 8°06'12
6th House Libra 17°36'03
Descendant Sagittarius 3°23'46
8th House Sagittarius 27°05'28
9th House Capricorn 17°38'39
Medium Coeli Aquarius 9°47'22
11th House Pisces 8°06'12
12th House Aries 17°36'03

Major aspectsSun Sextile Moon 4°41
Sun Square Jupiter 3°16
Sun Trine Uranus 5°15
Sun Opposition Neptune 5°22
Sun Conjunction Ascendant 3°00
Moon Square Mercury 3°01
Moon Sextile Venus 3°27
Moon Quincunx Jupiter 1°25
Moon Opposition Uranus 0°35
Moon Trine Neptune 0°42
Moon Opposition Pluto 5°31
Moon Sextile Ascendant 7°41
Mercury Sextile Jupiter 4°25
Mercury Sextile Saturn 1°48
Mercury Square Uranus 2°26
Mercury Quincunx Neptune 2°19
Mercury Square Pluto 2°30
Venus Square Jupiter 4°51
Venus Trine Uranus 2°52
Venus Opposition Neptune 2°45
Venus Trine Pluto 2°04
Mars Conjunction Ascendant 5°34
Jupiter Square Neptune 2°06
Saturn Quincunx Pluto 0°42
Uranus Sextile Neptune 0°07
Uranus Conjunction Pluto 4°56
Neptune Sextile Pluto 4°49
Numbers indicate orb (deviation from the exact aspect angle).

Minderwiz

As far as I know, there's no accepted Astrological signature for psychic ability. It's possible to point to the Moon Uranus partile opposition and partile trine to Neptune (with such close aspects the outers could well be taken as a serious factor). Your twelfth House Sun in Gemini might indicate an ability to express your self through hidden or transcendant communications. However, they could equally mean other things as well.

You mention that these abilities have been increasing lately. Perhaps a look at your return charts might help. When did you first notice these abilities becoming stronger?

celticnoodle

I always heard that having alot of the water signs in your chart was a sign of psychic abilities. I don't know much about astrology though.

FoolToThink

What about looking to see where a new or full moon occurs in the chart? A book I have says that if it is in one of your water houses (4th, 8th, or 12th) that psychic things could happen.

Cactus

Minderwiz said:
As far as I know, there's no accepted Astrological signature for psychic ability. It's possible to point to the Moon Uranus partile opposition and partile trine to Neptune (with such close aspects the outers could well be taken as a serious factor). Your twelfth House Sun in Gemini might indicate an ability to express your self through hidden or transcendant communications. However, they could equally mean other things as well.

You mention that these abilities have been increasing lately. Perhaps a look at your return charts might help. When did you first notice these abilities becoming stronger?

I noticed them stronger around November of '07. Then during the spring and summer of '08 I was so busy that it was really hard to stop to notice anything except a bit of intuitive "knowingness" similar to claircognizance.

As soon as the summer was over and we were finally settled in our new house this past October '08, I started meditating again and becoming more aware of quick visions. The kids in school made my life much quieter and I finally was able to really focus on myself and meditation to calm my Gemini-laden mind (Sun, Asc, Mars and Merc in Gemini).

I also started to hear many conversations along with the quick visions - like snippets the way you would hear and see the TV as you change a channel.

I always thought this stuff would happen with people whose charts are much more watery in signs and houses than mine. I'm learning the basics of chart interp and know that Nep, Uranus and possibly Pluto in the chart could signify stuff like this happening. Moon in Pisces, a few planets in the 12th house...

I am not sure about the aspects. I have, it seems, an equal amount of easy and hard aspects throughout my whole chart. I can't answer the question Is My Moon Afflicted? or is Neptune afflicted... so I can't tell what in my chart (besides perhaps Moon trine Nep and my Moon in Pisces) would indicate the psychic stuff (visions are getting a bit stronger and I can get to the vision part of my meditation really quickly, like within minutes).

I thought all this Mercury and Gemini would make me unable whatsoever to have even the slightest psychic ability! As for return charts, is that the same thing as a Secondary Progressed?

Gavriela

No - return charts are done for the time the sun returns to the place it was in the sky when you were born - usually on your birthday, but it could be a day either way given the way years work.

In traditional astrology, Mercury is the planet of diviners generally, and of astrologers, so a dignified Mercury certainly won't hurt!

magician

natal chart

Hi
excellent reading done by celticnoodle.Just to add venus in twelveth house is in taurus, is in her own house and will give the native excellent result of physical pleasures.
magician