Question about numbers

bluelyric7

I realized I first posted this in the wrong part of the forum.

My question is, if you pull three cards, do you add up the numbers from all the cards to get the hidden meaning? Or do you break up 1+2 and 2+3 and look for two different hidden cards?

Any help would be great. Thanks!

Chanah

Some people add up all the cards' numbers and reduce it to 36 or less to get a secret meaning. But the maths of the thing works out so that most often you will get numbers 10-13. If you find it meaningful, that's fine, but I feel a bit leery of it.

dancing_moon

If you're talking about Lenormand cards, they usually add all 3 cards together. If the number is more than 36, you subtract 36 from it until you get a number smaller than 37.

E.g. if you get Stork, Whip and Lilies, it's 17+11+30=58, 58-36=22, so your hidden card is Crossroads.

If you get Sun, Cross and Fish, it's 31+36+34=101, 101-36=65, 65-36=29, so your hidden card is Lady.

andybc

Chanah has pointed out there is an issue in terms of the arithmetic. That alone is enough to cast some doubt on the validity of such a quintessence. There are a few spreads where it is done, traditionally, but that is to build up a second set of cards to combine.

There is also the fact that you do not tend to read these cards singularly. If you had the Lady appear as your ‘hidden card’ what does that really tell you? It’s either going to be you, your partner or another woman in your life.

bluelyric7

Thanks so much guys! I appreciate it!