question about the Emperor

WaterSong

I did a reading for a friend....a relationship reading that actually turned out to be very positive...The Emperor turned in the position of what he intends to do, what action was she intending to take...I often get stunted with the Emperor, I don't relate well to its energy....because in the reading there were the knight of cups as feelings for her and 2 of cups as what type of relationship he wanted I interpreted the Emperor as ....the fact that he intended take real, concrete action and offer something tangible to her( a friend also pointed out that he is older...and he is several years older than she is)....

So I interpreted the Emperor as he wanting to be her partner, also maybe be protective?
But as an action in a positive love reading would you see it as offering a formal, stable relationship?

I would appreciate any input, this is one of the cards that gets me stunted....I am so excited about doing live reading again yay!

:heart:
magenta

balenciaga

I suppose you can read it as a relationship that provides structure. Guidance. Rules to follow. Obedience required.
A little too strict and tight-laced than loving and positive, it seems to me. Could be fatherly, father-representation.

Willow Huntermoon

For this position The Emperor could mean that he is protecive/possesive and will be the decision maker without taking her feelings/thoughts into consideration. This guy is used to getting what he wants when he wants it. He needs to work on his emotions a bit. When he hurts her feelings he just won't get why.

WaterSong

hello Willow and balenciaga,

thank you for your thoughts ....I thought about the same when I saw the card but then I wondered if the 2 of cups and knight of cups were softening the whole thing...I do see the need to "possess" but I also see the need to make a solid offer, the need for security even from his side....maybe because she is younger(and very attractive I have to say) he feels he needs to come out strong a clear and present something that does is not ambiguos?

xoxoox

Eowyn

Im answering a little about this, but in your first post in the reading section, if that's ok. So we can see the whole spread.

starrystarrynight

I think the Emperor usually wants to do what is right for the "whole kingdom", so he will look at the full picture from his vantage point before taking action. Sometimes, it seems that he is acting out of selfish control of a single person, but I think it's because he is concerned with the welfare of all involved.

As for what action he may take with your friend, I think it will be noble, decisive and stable...not something that is going to rock the walls of the empire, but with a protective slant? Yeah, I think definitely...

WaterSong

starrystarrynight said:
I think the Emperor usually wants to do what is right for the "whole kingdom", so he will look at the full picture from his vantage point before taking action. Sometimes, it seems that he is acting out of selfish control of a single person, but I think it's because he is concerned with the welfare of all involved.

As for what action he may take with your friend, I think it will be noble, decisive and stable...not something that is going to rock the walls of the empire, but with a protective slant? Yeah, I think definitely...

starry, I really like what you have to say...yes, that is the feeling I always get form this card...the Emperor gives out the vibe of the "protector" a bit the traditional male role......

and for the woman I did the reading for....yes, I think like you also....that he will go the "traditional" way...a sensible, stable decision...something that will provide her with a structure( and him) and security....

thank you !

:heart: