Question about trimming Druidcraft

Grizabella

I hate the idea of trimming decks. I've done it to a couple of Haindl's but it just seems so sacriligeous of a beautiful deck that costs so much. But I want very much to be able to use the Druidcraft and I prefer riffle shuffling decks. It's part of the process for me.

So here's my question. In trimming decks, it's impossible to get a precise and uniform cut line on each and every card unless you've got some kind of huge paper cutter that can cut the whole deck at once. So when you cut each card individually or, I suppose, several at once, you're going to get a clumpy kind of shuffling and I don't like that. It didn't work very well on the Haindl and was extremely clumpy, no matter how much time I took and how hard I tried to be precise. The question----how's the shuffling for those of you who have trimmed the Druidcraft? Is it clumpy?

The card stock is kind of thin, so maybe it's not so clumpy? I hope, I hope!

gregory

I don't want to be DIFFICULT here }) - but I trimmed a Thoth by hand, one card at a time, with ultra sharp scissors and to my rather considerable surprise the cards have turned out SPOT ON.... Maybe you need new scissors ? (I'm not being funny; my scissors are VERY fine ones !)

Failing that - places like Staples will sometimes trim blocks of cards; they have trimmers for 500 business cards at a time - if you'd trust them with a deck....

Debra

I have a big pair of sewing scisscors that cost $30 or so--very heavy. They work great.

Grizabella

Hmmmm, well, good scissors don't last long around here. And I can't pay $30 for a new pair, that's for sure. ;bugeyed: I'll think about it some more and see whether I want to trim them or not. I really hate smooshing them around. I don't see why people make them so big in the first place. Cards are for shuffling, after all.

aceofhearts

you have a pm grizabella regarding the druidcraft. hope it helps:)