Question - Can a card be used twice for different things?

Amanda

Today, I wanted to ask what future my heart was in alignment with.

I pulled these cards:

Book + Heart + Man + Tower + Fox

The Book and the Heart and the Heart and the Man seemed to be addressing my true loves; learning the mysterious side of life, and my husband.

But then, the Man and the Tower and the Tower and the Fox seemed to be addressing something else for my future. I felt like the Man and the Tower had something to do with a boss-

Haha, you know what? I think I see it now. Will my husband hold on to me (keep me prisoner in that Tower) because he fears I will cheat (Tower + Fox)? There is a woman locked up in my tower. LOL

Hm... I wonder if this is why I haven't been able to get a job, and have been feeling pretty much "trapped" in the house. He must have one helluva energetic hold over me. Interesting! No wonder Mona saw the "end of love" in that other spread I did... he's not fully giving me his heart in the first place! Geez, after nearly 10 years of faithfulness and love from me, he's scared of this?

Wow, these cards really are something!

I'll leave this question up though, because I am still curious if a card (like the Man here) can be used twice in different ways depending on the cards next to it.

Or do the cards always seem to relate to one string of information- like a train of thought?

Amanda

I've had cards mean multiple things in the same spread. It doesn't happen too often with shorter spreads like you did, but it happens regularly with GTs. I've even had person cards (dog, snake, etc) represent multiple people with the whole reading changing depending on which person the card is being read as.

Yes, that's what I wondered (if it happened in these short draws surrounding a specific question)... because I started to feel a strong impulse from the Man and the Tower like, "Boss" but then Fox didn't make sense to me next to the Tower for a (work-type) boss... and coming after the Heart and the Man. Interesting!

This is mind-blowing. I have a whole other set of issues to deal with now, but I feel like these cards just busted something wide open for me to clearly see. LOL My husband is afraid someone is going to steal me away.

I have another question for you, if you know: are there any cards that don't specifically reference someone else? Like they never come up to represent a person? Or can they all pretty much represent another person? Like the Book here, I don't think I would associate that to someone else... but the Fox, that could be representing any other male that gets into close proximity to me right? Or would it (probably) also depend on how the cards fall, as well?

halil

Does your deck have playing card insets? That's an easy way to identify which cards represent people - if it's a jack, queen or king playing card inset, the card can also mean a person. These cards are the whip, child, scythe, clouds, crossroad, heart, lily, bouquet, stork, snake, fish and house.

Two other cards can represent people - the horseman (it's the 9 of hearts, but can mean a young or new man) and the dog (it's the 10 of hearts, but means a friend or someone you know).

Amanda

No I'm using the Mystical, but thank you! I will note these down. :)

Mona18

on a short spread the cards only talk about the question at hand.

so when you said your 'heart', did you mean love for a person or love for a thing (job/house/etc)?

Amanda

on a short spread the cards only talk about the question at hand.

so when you said your 'heart', did you mean love for a person or love for a thing (job/house/etc)?

When I said heart, I meant the "truest"... So basically I was looking for the truest or purest future most likely in store for me -think white dove in the Ace of Cups-... what I see here is that nothing is going to change from where my heart is now... between the Book and the Man... my heart is already pretty pure, open, obvious, and honest... the side the book opens on is facing the heart as well, if that counts for anything... But the Man/Tower/Fox combination seems to explain the way I've been feeling, and not knowing why. I've been feeling trapped in my life... and the more I think about it now, the more I see his subtle influences over me that have been accruing to the point that I basically do nothing but my cards and deal with everything that is going on in the house, and with the kids now.

What do you think?

Another question, and maybe I"m getting ahead of myself... you ever consider moving the cards around that you draw? Like.. take the Fox and move it back to the beginning, before the Book. Or take the book and move it after the Fox on the end. Almost shows you a karmic cycle, in a way...

Mona18

When I said heart, I meant the "truest"... So basically I was looking for the truest or purest future most likely in store for me -think white dove in the Ace of Cups-... what I see here is that nothing is going to change from where my heart is now... between the Book and the Man... my heart is already pretty pure, open, obvious, and honest... the side the book opens on is facing the heart as well, if that counts for anything... But the Man/Tower/Fox combination seems to explain the way I've been feeling, and not knowing why. I've been feeling trapped in my life... and the more I think about it now, the more I see his subtle influences over me that have been accruing to the point that I basically do nothing but my cards and deal with everything that is going on in the house, and with the kids now.

What do you think?

What future [your] heart was in alignment with:

Book + Heart + Man + Tower + Fox

To begin with a closed Book, to me it means that pages are still waiting to be read or perhaps even written? Your Heart is there so the cards def heard you. There are things that need to develop and come to life in order for your Heart to know where its going. Your Heart is aligned with a professional man and he seems to be leading the way ... a way that you can't see (Book).

These cards kinda looped to me.

Another question, and maybe I"m getting ahead of myself... you ever consider moving the cards around that you draw? Like.. take the Fox and move it back to the beginning, before the Book. Or take the book and move it after the Fox on the end. Almost shows you a karmic cycle, in a way...

Interesting notion! Mallah (lumpy) read for me this way before ... it takes talent to do this I think ... or a very clear mind. I'm not there yet, so I wont attempt :D

NikkiB

I. Do that with tarot for instance in the celtic cross circle bit so it loops so I don't see why u shoukdnt with this. Only difference is that I suppose. When meanings are assigned to each position it will change the spread more radically than a no layout spread...

Amanda

I. Do that with tarot for instance in the celtic cross circle bit so it loops so I don't see why u shoukdnt with this. Only difference is that I suppose. When meanings are assigned to each position it will change the spread more radically than a no layout spread...

I'll send you what I just sent Mona in PM to explain this cycle. It's a private reading I did so I don't want to post it all over the place. :D