Question re: Rising sign

Michelle

Hello,

I did 2 different charts on 2 different websites - using the exact same information on both. One site gave my rising sign as Capricorn and the other said it's Aquarius.

Any ideas why this would happen?
My moon was the same on both (Gemini) and sun is Aries.

Thank you !

Love & Blessings,
Michelle

dadsnook2000

Double Ascendant?

There are two reasons why you have a double Ascendent; 1) you have a split personality or 2) you entered your birth time wrong, or didn't account for some form of daylight savings time (a summer adjustment of the clock), or didn't have the local time zone from GMT set correctly in the data entry box or you used an automatic entry for time/zone/clock adjustment based on a built-in-to-the-software city/state/country time/place calculation process.

Any of the things noted in step 2 would tend to change the end result of the data used by the software to caluclate local sidereal time which determines (along with latitude) the MC and Ascendant angles of your chart and selected house system. Once you are used to computer system programs you won't have this problem very often, but a new-to-astrology or new-to-a-computer-software-program situation often results in this type of error.

Try again, Dave.

Minderwiz

Ir could also be that one of the sites has dodgy software - how much separation was there between the two Ascendants? If one is 29 degrees Capricorn and the other is 0 degrees Aquarius, it might be the accuracy of the calculations.

On balance though, Dave's suggestions are the more likely.

Michelle

Hi Dave and Minderwiz,

Thank you for your help :). Any suggestions of a reputable site where I could try it again?

Love & Blessings,
Michelle

p.s. I'm sure I have a few friends and family members who would vote for the split personality...LOL.

dadsnook2000

Good software

Good software is invaluable. Minderwiz and I both use the same software from Halloran. There are a lot of fine software packages available for purchase. There are several on the Internet that members use. The problem is that unless you use just one of these then you may get wrong results due to mis-use of one program compared to another program. I don't use anything on the Internet and can't speak for one or any of them.

You can download a "free" software version of what I use from www.halloran.com -- but it does not have all of the charting features and can only be used for 100 charts. If you like it, you can purchase it for less than $30 and get more features. The larger version I use is around $175. Other purchasable software runs from $100 to $300 or more.

Or, you can just try whatever you used again and pay careful attention to the data asked for and what you enter. Good luck. Dave.

Wired

If you go to http://www.astro.com/horoscopes/ahor.asp, select Extended Chart Selection at the bottom on the page.

You then have the opportunity to select a different house system and zodiacs, which can give different results.

Kathy

wizzle

astrolog

I've been using astrolog for about the last 10 years and it gives good results plus it's the right price....free.

http://www.astrolog.org/astrolog.htm

Since it's a very simple program, it's a snap to learn.

Michelle

Thank you all for your help.

I tried it again and got Aquarius as my ascendant. Now on to researching what all of this means:).

Blessings,
Michelle