Question The Novice card Wisdom of Avalon

Little Owl

Hi
I have the Wisdom of Avalon oracle cards which I actually do like and generally find quite easy to use compared with other oracles that I have tried. I have noticed that there are quite a few threads on here where many people do not rate them very highly and that the journey cards are not well liked. However I am confused about the meaning of the Novice card and find it difficult to read or to get anything from it during a reading. I am not sure what card it would relate to in other oracles or tarot,and would really appreciate some advice on this.
Hope someone can offer some help on this.

Thank you

balenciaga

I think you might want to post under "oracles" if this is an oracle deck - people there will probably know more about this specific deck/card.:)

Mathki

Hi Little Owl :)

I am also the happy owner of The Wisdom of Avalon Oracle Deck - I do like it and we work well together! :)

I think the meaning of the Novice card depends on the question - but I have had it come up as meaning that I was inexperienced in certain matters, or being in the dark about something. Or maybe that I had been naïve regarding something. But again, it really depends on the question ;)

Little Owl

re novice card

Thank you Mathki I am pleased that you like the cards also. What you say in your reply makes sense. However what about regarding relationships, if someone had a query about their relationship with someone how would you read this card. Could it possibly mean that they are not acting in a mature way and not being responsible enough within the relationship ? I find it more difficult to read when it appears for a more mature person. Do you see the card having other meanings? Do you think it relates to another specific card such as a princess of pentacles, I am just trying to think what card it may represent in a tarot deck. Sorry for picking your brains but I sem to have a lttle bit of a block in regards to this card.

Thank you

Little Owl

TheArchangelsBoy

I too own this deck and find it works well for me. :D

Novice...that to me is someone that is new to something - someone beginning to learn - beginning a journey - lacking skills - needing to learn or be taught...etc

Just because someone is mature doesn't make them knowledgable in everything in the world. If it came up in my reading I would be interpreting it as the person is needs to learn something to progress pass a certain point or event.

Little Owl

Thank you all , this has helped me and it is good to know that there are others out there who like and use these cards.