question

Valerieb66

Hi :)
Well..i recieved the Faeries Oracle and am absolutely in love!! I was expecting the deck November 5th but it is already here!!

But...i just wonder: In the book it sais to meditate, centering, contact planet erath and connecting before doing any reading with this oracle.

Do you guys do this? I'm just wondering how many of you really actually do this.. or are you just like me, skip it all and just ask for guidance and do the reading without any meditation?

Just wondering..

sagewriter

I don't do this, mainly because I find it too difficult. I am not intune with such things, although I wish I was. I was boguht up in a family who does not believe such things. So it doesn't come easily to me. I would suggest doing it though as I am sure I would get better readings if i could :)

Emelya

i don't really do it either. sometimes i do things to try to feel more centered like carrying different crystals and i've begun trying to meditate (it's hard!) but when i first got the fairies i did not do this stuff at all. i lived in a big city then and sometimes a walk in the park made me feel more in touch with the earth and maybe that helped, but despite my being pretty out of touch at the time the fairies still seemed to like me and provided me with accurate readings from the get go. i'd say from the sounds of it your feeling connected with them too and that probably means you will have no problem communicating with them. i did some of the exercises in the book when i first got them. it didn't seem too helpful at the time but looking back it turned out to be very predictive of things that were soon to come for me, especially the exercises choosing your most and least favorite cards. over the next year i found that my most significant two romantic relationships turned out to be with men that i felt were represented by each card. the funny thing was that the one represented by what i choose to be my favorite card (exstasis) turned out to be a terrible destructive relationship and the man i felt was represented by the card i choose as negative (the sage) turned out to be a real positive influence in my life. i would suggest that you do the exercises that you feel you can do right now and keep notes to look back on. but like jessa macbeth says don't take them too seriously. i think if you approach them with a light and open heart they will be happy to get to know you at your own pace. wow i really ramble when i get on about the ffo. sorry. hehe i just love em so much. welcome to the wonderful world of fae!

cheers

emelya

rosesred

I tend to do it before any kind of reading, be it tarot or otherwise. Whole process doesn't have to take long, you can do it in 30 seconds. As a rule, readings tend to go better when your head is kind of quiet, and when you just whip out your deck and do a reading while watching tv and talking to a friend, your head isn't exactly quiet. When you take a minute to center and be calm, you'll get much more out of it. It's like a signal to yourself: "I'm going to do something special and valueable now".

Asking for guidance might be your way to get centered.

What you do exactly is not the point.

The action itself is the point.

best wishes,
Rosesred

September Pixie

I would only do this when reading for others... I usually only use the oracle for myself so I could see pulling cards for ME rather than someone else in an actual reading :) but otherwise, nope I simply pick up the cards and go :)

Valerieb66

Thank you for all your reactions!! :)

I just cannot keep to myself: I have absolutely amazing readings with the Faeries Oracle... it's soo incredible.. they have been here for only 4 days and we just "connect" already/ right away!

For some reason just closing my eyes for about 8 seconds and asking the Faeries to open up and help me out on a question seems to work perfect for them and me..

I guess my above question isn't really necessary for a good reading.. :)

ElizabethAna

I try to do some grounding before reading with them... only because I feel like I want them to connect with me better? I don't usually "ground" before using a deck though...

CandyApple

I do a quick grounding and centering before i do any kind of reading. I don't do the little "ritual" outlined in the book, because I have found things that work better for me.

I am just excited to get back to working with them again. I have kind of been concentrating on tarot and It will be fun to use the faeries again. I hope they aren't too ticked at me. LOL

enchancea

I do it. I feel it helps with the readings.