Rainring Study Group: Intro

94stranger

In her astrological chart for Rainring, Madame Seaqueen refers to it as being 'ahead of its time.'

This encapsulates the diffficulty faced by the Rainring cards. They are not easy.

If you take a look at them and find yourself saying: 'this is all too much for me', you are not exceptionally stupid. On the contrary, you are in the same boat as almost everyone else!

We at Rainring have a problem. We are doing everything we can to make the cards accessible to as many people as possible. WE NEED YOUR HELP. Believe me, by saying this I am not just indulging in some stupid, politically correct behaviour. Life is too short for such shenanigans. Similarly, if our respondents tell us that the cards are beautiful, inspiring, spiritual, profound and God knows what-all else, but in fact can't understand them and don't use them, the benefit to us and to Rainring and to themselves is precisely nil.

So, for the next few years, what we EXPECT and NEED is people out there saying: 'For goodness sake, I can't follow your explanation of x; Couldn't you do something to make y clearer?; I'm stuck at point z and there doesn't seem to be any more help available...' I hope you get the picture!

And if the cards do resonate with you, you do find them easy etc, tell us about that as well - and WHY it's all plain sailing for you: if you think you know!

Could we maybe use this introductory thread just for people to post their first impressions, including the negative ones? Would you who have encountered these cards, even if only briefly, share what you think they are supposed to do, whether they might be of use, what kind of difficulties / opportunities they hold for you and other beginners, etc.

I'd like to stress this one final time. I 've encountered numerous places on the web where people pussyfoot around telling each other only what they want to hear. I would like this forum to be a space in which people can be honest, with us and with each other. For people working with Rainring, honesty is not an optional extra.