Reading a day: Tarot Nova

paradoxx

I like the card a day in the Study Group/General category, but i don't think a tarot nova study is ready to start there. But a general observation of this decks unique and sometimes goofy symbols could probably go here, or one of the two reading categories.

The cards i pulled for today are the (0) fool and (xx)judgment

Fool: a man with a "runaway persona" as evidenced by the knapsack on the back of a pole resting on the mans shoulder; he rides a cat and two bluebirds (of happiness) visit him. A purple flower is behind the feline/human duo. A glyph for air (a triangle above a trapazoid) is present beneath the cats body, just below the mans bare foot.

judgment: A purple and green butterfly carries a key. the butterflies wings also have orange int hem. Two symbols appear ont eh butterlies aft wing, soemthing lookign like a basketball (no joke) an dsomehting looking like the letter W, which is UNLIKE the Thoth as the (xx) aeon card has the symbol for fire (a triangle pointing up from the base of the card)

My new job at www.whatswrongnow.com (the animated gif is a laugh)has moved slowly, the Gemini mars eclipse by the likewise Gemini moon was a strong point in teh direction of new activity.

Above all, it is not the day to gauge current or long-term activity by, it actually calmed things down for the time being by isolating everything but now that the moon is out of the way, and crossing saturn, well this is where a third card would go if i wanted to do a three card reading.

Kiama

Hi paradoxx,

This thread is better suited to the General Study Group forum. I will be moving it there in 24 hours.

I think that if this thread is in that forum, and maybe if you start a thread about a study group for the Tarot Nova, you will attract some attention to it and get others who also wish to take part.

Blessings,

Kiama

fairyhedgehog

I'm interested in the Tarot Nova too - it's such a cute little deck, but I'm sure I'm missing some of the meanings for it.

I love the devil card - in this deck the devil seems to be saying, 'go on, be a devil' :)

I wasn't quite sure what you were saying about the cards you pulled. Maybe it's because I'm not into astrology ...

paradoxx

To examine the reading real quick, some legal issues came about, and if they are not resolved quietly, there will be judgment through a court of law. Seriously, legal issues.

The use of three of the four playing card symbols is a nice touch to the deck. The Majors are powerful in their simplicity, but at times border on the strange (the emporer for example).

There is a strange Thoth presence in the deck which seems wrapped neatly in a rider-waite template, but a template is all it is. Difficult symbols are replaced with even more difficult symbolism, such as the 5 of swords with teh two mice figures. Betrayal, backstabbing, cowardace, and sacrifice. All is present and the facial expressions are the most telling, for the figures look both like mice and men, thus bringing a new interpretation for the card "Of Mice and Men."

paradoxx

Libra Full moon reading

four cards:

1. the energy through the day:
4 wands-four wands (topped with teh playing card "club" suit symbol" cross eachother, a pink rose (of love) and a bluebird (of happiness) are placed above the four wooden wands.

2. The energy through the evening:
7 cups-A man dressed with a pointy had and in blue is holding an eyemask (one of those novelty masks that just cover your eyes and are held in place with a stick tha tyou hold), he is also holding a cup (marked with a heart) and is waling a tightrope tied between two other cups, both of which are resting on two more cups.

3. The energy after nightfall
XX Judgment-A purple and green butterfly carries a key. the butterflies wings also have orange int hem. Two symbols appear ont eh butterlies aft wing, soemthing lookign like a basketball (no joke) an dsomehting looking like the letter W, which is UNLIKE the Thoth as the (xx) aeon card has the symbol for fire (a triangle pointing up from the base of the card) [yes i copied that fro above]

4. The energy of the moon
King of Cups-A bearded man dressed in purple and white is being eaten by a hungry looking fish. the Kiong holds a cup marked with a heart.

The bluebird of happiness gives us a visit, so do the first robins of spring. The lengthening of the days is sending the blues away.

The 7 cups although inidcates that although things may seem to be going one way, they are really going about three ways at once. We can't hide behind a false mask, becasue sooner or later we will need that other hand to keep balance, and then keeping face will not be the survival issue at hand.

judgment appears again, This time preparing us for the nights fall, and tonight may be the key to all the appearences to the justice card that many aeclectic-tarot-forums members have been getting.

King of cups, an emotional time for anyone. Are we being consumed by our desires, our needs, our agendas, or are we the ones in control? The king of cups represents Cancer, and it is Cancer that is ruled by the moon, for the full moon in libra, the cancer emotions may overfill the scales of balance, this is where justice comes into play.

paradoxx

School flags at Half Mast

This scene stirred up feelings, not only were the flags at less than full mast, but due to the wind they were drawn even closer to the ground. "Students' Day" comes to mind, but that doesn't feel 'right' for some reason. Denver/Littleton being the closest Metro area the columbine shootings of 99 placed a shroud of mourful silence over the land.

1.initial appearence
2.emotional response
3.intellectiual response
4.unresolved issues
5.Predominant spiritual theme

1. 8 of wands-A time piece is plaed in teh center of a wheel where the spokes hapen to be the 8 wands, each topped with a brown playing card 'club'.

2. 5 cups, a figure wearign a yellow raincoat is sheathing him/herself with an umbrella. The figure is dumping out the water contents of a cup in hand, 4 other cups are pouring on the figure. each cup has a playing card 'heart' on it.

3. 6 swords, a man is leisurly relaxed in a hot air baloon which seems to be rising. the 6 swrods are a design pattern on teh ballon, each swrod has a playing card 'spade' as the hilt.

4.page of pentacles. A young male wearing a belt buckle of a petacle is hlidng a larg ekey by its ring. The page is walking on strawberry vines.

5. 7 cups-A man dressed with a pointy had and in blue is holding an eyemask (one of those novelty masks that just cover your eyes and are held in place with a stick tha tyou hold), he is also holding a cup (marked with a heart) and is waling a tightrope tied between two other cups, both of which are resting on two more cups.

8 wands remins us that time moves foreward regardless of what has been left behind. Metal detectors and drug dogs are common place in schools nowdays. The 5 cups reinforces the severity of the situation that happened in Columbine in 99, but so much of the investigation seems to be a bunch of hot air. That is very unfortunate but it happens more often than not. The unresolved issues might have to do with money and corruption. The carefree dyays of no supervison are over for the police. 8 cups presents a continual display of disillusion and false choices but also the ability to transform the more sensitive issues into a groundbreaking change for better things to come.