reading cards in pairs

BrightEye

I've been working with Treppner's pairing method and was wondering how this works when you draw 3 or more cards.

Example: What do I need to know about x?

Ring Moon Paths

I obviously pair Ring with Moon, but is Paths also paired with Ring or with Moon instead?

Ring and Moon can mean strong attraction or successful contract according to Treppner. Ring and Paths can mean a decision re a contract, whereas Moon and Paths can mean successful choice/path. Any thoughts?

Ronia

Doesn't Treppner clarify how to read the spreads according to their method? I'd personally connect them all in a phrase but this is not Treppner. :)

BrightEye

Doesn't Treppner clarify how to read the spreads according to their method? I'd personally connect them all in a phrase but this is not Treppner. :)

Yeah... I haven't got that far yet. I'd read them in a row as well, normally

To me these cards say x feels an emotional bond that is possibly shared by the object of his affection and the realization of which requires a decision.

andybc

I don't know Treppner either, nor how she connects them. I've seen/heard conflicting reports on the method, such as some students saying ordering doesn't matter then others that it does (which is normal).

To me that looks like a successful connection reaches a junction of change.

BrightEye

To me that looks like a successful connection reaches a junction of change.
This feels about right. I shuffled again and drew some more cards because I wanted to know how this connection was going to change

Mice Ring Scythe

Mice and Ring can mean the end of a connection and Ring and Scythe that a connection that was in danger is now not in danger anymore.

I personally would read this as worries about a partnership will be resolved quite suddenly or surprisingly (Scythe is pointing away from Ring).

PS: Would I be best advised to stick with my ad hoc and freestyle method?

lord_ewin

This feels about right. I shuffled again and drew some more cards because I wanted to know how this connection was going to change

Mice Ring Scythe

Mice and Ring can mean the end of a connection and Ring and Scythe that a connection that was in danger is now not in danger anymore.

I personally would read this as worries about a partnership will be resolved quite suddenly or surprisingly (Scythe is pointing away from Ring).

PS: Would I be best advised to stick with my ad hoc and freestyle method?

The frist spread reminded me of an emotional attachment, probably on and off as teh moon signifies cycles. It could be a nice shared bond too. So it could be very nice, then the ring path to me is a decision to move on go your separate ways. It's an amicable or natural parting of ways.

Mice eating away at the ring, isn't good, it's worries and doubt aout a relationship, or plain energy draining, exhausting. It leads to the end of that relationship with the ring scythe.

Andy: Treppner covers a lot of different techniques. Some of them are to be done with more precision than others. For example, she'll read all 36 cards like a string (which reminds of Etteilla's way in the instuctions he gives personally to create a small Etteilla), but she sometimes says things where she gives her personal opinion on combos that might be construed differently... The problem is that she's already moved on to another technique, which in that case order might be more important. I'll try to find he exact reference, but reading her course expanded on how I read the GT, not how I read my cards.... If that makes sense. I just remember agreeing with her on a lot of issues, and some I simply discarded because they weren't comfortable to me.

BrightEye

It's an amicable or natural parting of ways.
Wit hteh question being What do I need to know about x? would this parting of ways be with me or with someone else in their lives. (I'm asking because last week they still wanted to see me but we missed each other.)

lord_ewin

Since you didn't ask about a relationship with you, it could be just about him... But then, why did you ask the question, and are you sure that your motivations didn't seep through? Note: I don't know what those are...! :)

The cards might only be telling you he has a reptuation of getting entangled and then leaving. So if you're wondering if he's a good match for you, that all depends on whether you want to settle down or not. If you'd like to settle, then this one might not be ready.

Ronia

Example: What do I need to know about x?

Ring Moon Paths

You need to know that his relationships/commitments are not of the stable kind. That's all I see, Treppner or not. Teeter-totter kind of guy. Over emotional, uos and downs, indecisive, etc.