reading on missing girl

Eva4

So for about almost a month now, there has been a young girl that has been missing in another town. Her story caught my attention on the news and in the paper, and I did a few readings to see what had happened to her.

I was able to gather a good impression. I also thought about posting a reading here to see what others might get. I have relayed some information about her in the reading itself. I used the Halloween tarot for this reading as shown below in the picture.

7dBvxNL.png

The background - what set the stage for this person to go missing: 9 of Pentacles. Obviously the card above shows a young woman, very stylish, independent air to her, and one that likes the finer things in life. She is ruled by earth.

Facts from news stories: This young woman was well liked and everyone knew she was someone who could be counted on. The day she turned up missing, was cause for them to know something wasn't right.

The incident - what happened to make this person go missing: The Magician. As one can see above in the picture, a man pulls a rabbit out of his hat in order to impress the young woman. He's an entertainer. One would first get the impression of an attraction that occurred between her and someone else, but in a more abstract way, she might have been lured by the illusion of something or someone appearing sincere or real, who otherwise might not have been. Yet, the magician upright does not, to me, indicate false persons or people who wish to do harm. This is what leads me to believe someone's innocent trick could have harmed her or lead to her disappearance.

Facts from the news: She had left a friend's house after a party, and took a rural road back home. When the police went looking for her, they found her car and her cell phone some distance from the truck. They indicated no foul play, because it appeared there was only one set of tracks in the mud where her truck got stuck. From my previous readings and strongest impression is that she left the party with someone she was attracted to but really did not know. I also think alcohol was involved (3 of Cups showed up in a couple of previous readings which were not recorded).

The current - what condition/location this person is in. 10 of Cups reversed. To me, the 10 of Cups reversed sits behind the Magician card, indicating to me that this person has familial origins or could be related to her. Another alternative explanation could be that this Magician person had well-meaning intentions, and the hopes of having something more with her, i.e., family, which could indicate they were obsessed with her. As a current condition, she could be in a hostile environment or hostile family atmosphere. One where the people and the area are not good and has a bad reputation or the "bad side of town." I have a feeling many people are around her, i.e., human trafficking? This also implies she could be alive.

A clue - what will lead to this person being found. 8 of Wands. I think she befriended someone who was not what they seemed. The 8 of Wands when taken into context with the entire reading gives me the strong impression of uncovering a romance that may have gone wrong. The 8 of Wands also could mean the police already know her cell phone holds many clues and/or her truck.

Barleywine

This is an interesting spread. The 10 of Cups reversed does suggest an unhappy situation where she may be under emotional duress. That 8 of Wands reminds me strongly of a similar situation I had in a reading with a different deck that also had the eight suit emblems scattered all over the sky and not moving in formation toward a common goal. It implies that the evidence is fragmented and possibly ambivalent or contradictory rather than coherent. The imps also echo the dark side of the Magician.

If the road was muddy, it seems that there has to be some indication of another vehicle arriving to carry her away. Forensic science is pretty good at tracking this sort of thing (tire-tread imprints, mud samples, etc.). She may have called 911 or maybe a family member for aid and got something she didn't expect. If she was in fact accompanying another vehicle to some unknown destination, her footprints should reveal where she got into it and left the scene. If there was no sign of struggle, it would have been a trusting and willing eventuality. She may not have been allowed to leave the vehicle to pick up her phone, if she even realized she dropped it.

With your permission, I have a missing-persons spread I created a while ago that I would like to try out on this case. Is there a news article I can look up?

Eddie

So for about almost a month now, there has been a young girl that has been missing in another town. Her story caught my attention on the news and in the paper, and I did a few readings to see what had happened to her.

I was able to gather a good impression. I also thought about posting a reading here to see what others might get. I have relayed some information about her in the reading itself. I used the Halloween tarot for this reading as shown below in the picture.

7dBvxNL.png

The background - what set the stage for this person to go missing: 9 of Pentacles. Obviously the card above shows a young woman, very stylish, independent air to her, and one that likes the finer things in life. She is ruled by earth.
I know this card hasn't fallen reversed but I feel I need to read it as such. Although the world saw her as one thing, inside she felt very different. Something was missing inside her. She was aware of how others saw her and this made coming clean about who and what she actually was inside, very difficult for her. This is what sets the scene for her going missing.

Facts from news stories: This young woman was well liked and everyone knew she was someone who could be counted on. The day she turned up missing, was cause for them to know something wasn't right.
The incident - what happened to make this person go missing: The Magician. As one can see above in the picture, a man pulls a rabbit out of his hat in order to impress the young woman. He's an entertainer. One would first get the impression of an attraction that occurred between her and someone else, but in a more abstract way, she might have been lured by the illusion of something or someone appearing sincere or real, who otherwise might not have been. Yet, the magician upright does not, to me, indicate false persons or people who wish to do harm. This is what leads me to believe someone's innocent trick could have harmed her or lead to her disappearance.

Facts from the news: She had left a friend's house after a party, and took a rural road back home. When the police went looking for her, they found her car and her cell phone some distance from the truck. They indicated no foul play, because it appeared there was only one set of tracks in the mud where her truck got stuck. From my previous readings and strongest impression is that she left the party with someone she was attracted to but really did not know. I also think alcohol was involved (3 of Cups showed up in a couple of previous readings which were not recorded).
She took a risk that night and she knew it, pure and simple!
The current - what condition/location this person is in. 10 of Cups reversed. To me, the 10 of Cups reversed sits behind the Magician card, indicating to me that this person has familial origins or could be related to her. Another alternative explanation could be that this Magician person had well-meaning intentions, and the hopes of having something more with her, i.e., family, which could indicate they were obsessed with her. As a current condition, she could be in a hostile environment or hostile family atmosphere. One where the people and the area are not good and has a bad reputation or the "bad side of town." I have a feeling many people are around her, i.e., human trafficking? This also implies she could be alive.
Its a shame the questions are not specific or specific enough. Condition and location and just one card, so difficult to determine which one its answering. Even reversed, this card is not as negative as one would expect, so maybe she hasn't met a drastic end but held up somewhere where there are family connections. There is an unhealthy connection here that has been kept secret from the outside world.
A clue - what will lead to this person being found. 8 of Wands. I think she befriended someone who was not what they seemed. The 8 of Wands when taken into context with the entire reading gives me the strong impression of uncovering a romance that may have gone wrong. The 8 of Wands also could mean the police already know her cell phone holds many clues and/or her truck.
There are many clues and the answer will lie in one of those clues and yes, I feel the cell phone will hold a clue, maybe her last call and to whom.

The spread needs tweaking but interesting idea.

Eddie

Eva4

This is an interesting spread. The 10 of Cups reversed does suggest an unhappy situation where she may be under emotional duress. That 8 of Wands reminds me strongly of a similar situation I had in a reading with a different deck that also had the eight suit emblems scattered all over the sky and not moving in formation toward a common goal. It implies that the evidence is fragmented and possibly ambivalent or contradictory rather than coherent. The imps also echo the dark side of the Magician.

If the road was muddy, it seems that there has to be some indication of another vehicle arriving to carry her away. Forensic science is pretty good at tracking this sort of thing (tire-tread imprints, mud samples, etc.). She may have called 911 or maybe a family member for aid and got something she didn't expect. If she was in fact accompanying another vehicle to some unknown destination, her footprints should reveal where she got into it and left the scene. If there was no sign of struggle, it would have been a trusting and willing eventuality. She may not have been allowed to leave the vehicle to pick up her phone, if she even realized she dropped it.

With your permission, I have a missing-persons spread I created a while ago that I would like to try out on this case. Is there a news article I can look up?

Thank you for your response, Barleywine. I'm putting on my thinker's cap here now. I thought the connection you made between the 8 of Wands and The Magician was insightful and it wouldn't be at all surprising, given that the energies can show similarities. As you pointed out, the evidence may not fit logically. We also have to take into account information being withheld by the police department that may also make this case appear to be a mystery. Of course, they do this to throw off the suspect. Without a doubt, they have some idea why this woman went missing that is not known to the public. I am not sure, but something in the media reports lead me to believe the girl is adopted? You may have wondered this from the article I gave. If this is the case, then maybe the 10 of Cups reversed may be indicating her biological family? An attempted kidnapping to get her back could be the case (if not the one you gave below in the other read). However, I cannot find any evidence to prove she was adopted. There is something strange about all this. I will comment on your latest post soon.

Eva4

I know this card hasn't fallen reversed but I feel I need to read it as such. Although the world saw her as one thing, inside she felt very different. Something was missing inside her. She was aware of how others saw her and this made coming clean about who and what she actually was inside, very difficult for her. This is what sets the scene for her going missing.

Eddie, thank you for your response. The thought that she could have voluntarily run away had crossed my mind. And this could very well be the case, together with me and Barleywine's conclusion. The 9 of Pentacles does give off that artificial and temporal theme to it. Nothing lasts in this life on this planet. So her feeling fake, pressured into being something she didn't quite feel right with is pretty strong for the case of her voluntarily wanting to get away. As you stated:

She took a risk that night and she knew it, pure and simple!

Its a shame the questions are not specific or specific enough. Condition and location and just one card, so difficult to determine which one its answering. Even reversed, this card is not as negative as one would expect, so maybe she hasn't met a drastic end but held up somewhere where there are family connections. There is an unhealthy connection here that has been kept secret from the outside world.

I came up with the spread :) I think Barleywine's was very well-thought out and very helpful. I really do believe she could be with family. Like I mentioned, if she's adopted, this being her biological family. Or, it could be in a house where other people are holding her captive or being held captive.

There are many clues and the answer will lie in one of those clues and yes, I feel the cell phone will hold a clue, maybe her last call and to whom.

The spread needs tweaking but interesting idea.

Eddie

I do also feel that the 8 of Wands does talk about 'many' clues and different ones that may not seem connected, at least not at first. I do think Barleywine was trying to point this out when he mentioned the evidence could be fragmentary.

Mirror of Galadriel

I am not going to read the other answers in this case, because I am going to go on my impressions of the cards and the information given.

The Nine of Pentacles is a gain of some sort. The missing woman was led by a promise of offer of some kind, to gain something that she wanted. The Magician is connected with Will. Something is desired and there is a will to fulfill it, and the means to do so. The person offered to fulfill some kind of a wish and she left the party with him for that purpose. It also indicates, a possible element of deception or trickery. This 'Magician' had sinister purposes behind fulfilling this wish. The Ten of Cups - satiety or satiation - reversed...very ominous and forbidding indeed. Her wish was fulfilled...all the cups filled...but then turned upside on her...all spilled...a terribly calamity. I am thinking that her wish was to play a game, a bondage or BDSM game perhaps, that turned terribly wrong.

The Eight of Wands means swiftness. It means that a clue that turns up will lead swiftly to solving this mystery. It will all unfold quickly. That must mean that a clue is out there. Waiting to be found.

Edit: I just read the rest of the thread which I indicated I would not do before responding, in order to keep my impressions untainted by other responses. I see your reading which has indicated an ominous bondage situation turned wrong that led to her death. This is exactly what impression I received of the first reading! Please note that the Eight of Wands indicates some clue is out there, which will swiftly lead to revealing the truth. I would bet now, that this clue, will be a bondage implement itself. And the Magician hints at that...for he has all his implements on the table...

Eva4

I am not going to read the other answers in this case, because I am going to go on my impressions of the cards and the information given.

The Nine of Pentacles is a gain of some sort. The missing woman was led by a promise of offer of some kind, to gain something that she wanted. The Magician is connected with Will. Something is desired and there is a will to fulfill it, and the means to do so. The person offered to fulfill some kind of a wish and she left the party with him for that purpose. It also indicates, a possible element of deception or trickery. This 'Magician' had sinister purposes behind fulfilling this wish. The Ten of Cups - satiety or satiation - reversed...very ominous and forbidding indeed. Her wish was fulfilled...all the cups filled...but then turned upside on her...all spilled...a terribly calamity. I am thinking that her wish was to play a game, a bondage or BDSM game perhaps, that turned terribly wrong.

I do believe this woman had to have "bait" of some kind to get drawn into something she's involved in now, whether it was a promise, a gift, a young man, it reeks of trickery. I definitely agree, the 10 of Cups and all the cups I saw in previous readings could mean she had been goaded to drink until she could no longer judge well and physically fight back, or it could have meant lot of water involved with her disappearance (not just drowning but overseas travel). It could be both. Cups strongly say alcohol (getting swept up in fun) and poor judgement.

The Eight of Wands means swiftness. It means that a clue that turns up will lead swiftly to solving this mystery. It will all unfold quickly. That must mean that a clue is out there. Waiting to be found.

Even then, my cards say it may be years or cold case indefinitely. It does not mean she's not alive, however. I hope I'm wrong and they can solve the case quickly.

Edit: I just read the rest of the thread which I indicated I would not do before responding, in order to keep my impressions untainted by other responses. I see your reading which has indicated an ominous bondage situation turned wrong that led to her death. This is exactly what impression I received of the first reading! Please note that the Eight of Wands indicates some clue is out there, which will swiftly lead to revealing the truth. I would bet now, that this clue, will be a bondage implement itself. And the Magician hints at that...for he has all his implements on the table...

There could be many ways she's being kept "tied down." It is obvious from the bondage energy she has lost her freedom to act. Yet, the 8 of Swords is a card of self-imposed bondage. There is a male in that card. I perhaps thought it might be the supposed "bait." He may be feeling guilty.

I really liked how you made a connection with the Magician playing a role in finding an important clue. I do think the Magician has all the resources he needs to solve the issue, in contrast to the limited attitude (scope) the 8 of Swords takes.

Thank you again for your input. :)

Sulis

Moderator note

Barleywine's reading has been split into a post of it's own here: Reading on a missing girl (2)

Please folks, don't add your own readings into threads in the Your Readings forum. If you've done a reading yourself, start a new thread.

Sulis - moderator