Reading with the majors and aces only

minotaur

I would appreciate some feedback from those of you who read this way. I understand reading with the majors only but what does adding aces only do for the reading?

Are there any books/articles discussing this approach?

How did you get started reading with majors and aces?

Thanks in advance for any input...this subject has always fascinated me but I really know little about this specific approach.

nisaba

I would appreciate some feedback from those of you who read this way. I understand reading with the majors only but what does adding aces only do for the reading?
Aces will show you the raw elemental powers entering into the reading. I also like to incorporate the Courts: a stripped-down deck for me will have Majors, Courts and Aces.

Are there any books/articles discussing this approach?
I haven't seen any, but that doesn't mean you can't work out your own way of working it.

How did you get started reading with majors and aces?
Back in the 1970s when I first picked up a deck, I was terribly intellectually lazy, and "learning" all 78 cards was hard. So I focussed on 22 of them, and added in the courts and aces later when I realised that a majors-only deck was inadequate for the kinds of work I wanted to do. It didn't take very long for me to rediscover the pip cards and go to full decks for preference, though, but I have fond memories of working with a stripped-down deck.

this subject has always fascinated me but I really know little about this specific approach.
Perhaps there isn't a stamdardised school of thought. Explore! Be the pioneer, instead of the person reading the pioneer's books or blogs.

PAMUYA

My beginnings in card reading was the opposite. For 30 years I read from playing cards which was reading from the minors only. I never read a blog or read a book on card reading until just recently (last 5 years). Then I was introduced to tarot, and I learned about using the majors in readings. I agree with nisaba, explore and learn what works for you.

minotaur

So what you readers are saying is the aces indicate the areas of life where the majors are operating?

I see this appproach (majors only with aces) as a good option. The minors often indicate daily decisions...often the kind of thing you should be making with your brain, not with tarot cards.

Thoughts...?

nisaba

Yes and no. Every reading is different. Sometimes I'll get a whole story from a card - even an Ace - and sometimes it will just colour what is happening in the rest of the reading.

Espirito

When I started reading the tarot, I only put three cards, and saw the future very well.
Over the years I was studying hard with full deck, and my readings was not so great.

So a year a go, i start using the 22 majors plus the aces, and it's good.
But when i put the court cards is not so good.

So it's your choice, if you can't read with the courts don't insert them in the reading, or you can, put the court cards in the middle or as a significator.

I don't know a book with this. Maybe you write one :D