Received new Milanese Gumppenberg Tarot, reversed numerals?

Stark Raven

This new deck, at (a quick look, could be more) has 4 cards bearing reversed roman numerals. Is this standard in this deck by any chance (although I can't imagine why)? This is by Il Meneghello. One more question too, do all Il Meneghello decks have cards of somewhat varying size like this one?

This just isn't my day, the other deck I opened today was described as being brand new condition; it has nicks, creases and scratches...

Sherryl

I have several Il Meneghello decks but I'm not sure if I have the one you're talking about. The closest I have to the name you mentioned says on the inside card "Tarocco de F. Gumppenberg Milano 1840". The cards are laminated.

Some of his decks are obviously hand cut and have irregularities. I've noticed the roman numerals on some of the pip cards run in opposite directions on either side of the card so if you turn the card on its side one of the numbers will be upside down. I've never noticed upside down numbers at the top of a trump card.

I hope this helps with your questions.

Stark Raven

I have several Il Meneghello decks but I'm not sure if I have the one you're talking about. The closest I have to the name you mentioned says on the inside card "Tarocco de F. Gumppenberg Milano 1840". The cards are laminated.

Some of his decks are obviously hand cut and have irregularities. I've noticed the roman numerals on some of the pip cards run in opposite directions on either side of the card so if you turn the card on its side one of the numbers will be upside down. I've never noticed upside down numbers at the top of a trump card.

I hope this helps with your questions.

I got the answer in another thread, thanks for the response though! Here's the thread:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=169563