Recommendations for Free websites that let you put a paypal button...

Disa

So, I started a Free Google website years ago, and opened a paypal account. Got all my buttons ready to go, only to find out that Google sites don't want a paypal button.

Then, someone recommended to me to try a Free wordpress account, but I don't think the Free one lets you put a paypal button, either. Does anyone know? I'm not sure Wordpress is what I want anyway.

I opened a square account to accept money- AFTER I signed up I see they have a line in the user agreement that they won't allow the selling of "occult" items... whose to say what they consider "occult" items? I see Google has that in their terms, as well. Does paypal say that, too- surely not since I see tons of pagan/metaphysical/hoodoo/witchcraft sites taking paypal.

I'm at loss. It wasn't a big deal at first because I was just getting started and learning how to do all this stuff. I wanted a Free website because I didn't foresee tons of business at the time, but I wanted a place friends and family could refer people to.

Now that I'm getting closer to starting a website to offer the different things I can do, I don't want to jump into another one and find out later they won't allow me to do anything I'm trying to do?

So, Is there such a thing as a web hosting site that's easy to build your own website, get your own domain, AND put a form of payment on there that's free or low cost? OR do we have to go for the expensive options to even accept a payment on the site? I don't even have to have a big shopping cart option, just something that allows me to list a few things and attach a paypal button.

I'm looking at Weebly, Wix, and Webs but I can't tell before signing up what you can or can't do.

Can anyone make any suggestions? I'm sure it would help tons of people.

Thanks so much,

D~

Sar

What if you set up a simple website somewhere that alouds "occult" things and put up a paypal button?

Disa

What if you set up a simple website somewhere that alouds "occult" things and put up a paypal button?

That's what I'm trying to do. Something very simple, that I can also collect money from if needed.

SunChariot

I am very glad you asked this as I have been wondering the same thing. I am feeling tired of the expense of keeping up my website and would like something I could do myself and that would be inexpensive to do and maintain. Free would be even better. :grin:

The best I thought of so far was to have a link added in that goes to my e-mail. Then we can talk and they can pay me through PayPal through my e-mail. That is all I came up wtih so far, hope someone else here has some interesting ideas.

Also I just put my blog on wordpress and am happy with them so far. That part has been free.

Babs

Disa

That's all I can think of too, SunChariot. I just either send an invoice via paypal or have them email pmt to me.

I'm not really looking for a blog, just a place to list my services, a few jewelry pieces, and have a way for people to pay. The sites I look at seem to have free options, and low cost options, but when I try to have a way to pay, it looks like I have to go for upwards of $200 to sign up for the business packages. I'm not anticipating huge traffic or volume and I can't justify paying all that.

Hopefully some of the people here who have existing websites will chime in and give us a clue:)

dancing_moon

Not willing to sound like a pessimist, but I'll be surprised if you find one like that. 'Freebies' are usually for non-commercial use only (which, IMHO, is absolutely reasonable, though not good news for small-revenue agents like yourself), and adding a PayPal button automatically puts you in the commercial category.

It looks like the email option is still your best bet. However, hope I am wrong, and there's something like that out there - keep looking and good luck! :)

Disa

Not willing to sound like a pessimist, but I'll be surprised if you find one like that. 'Freebies' are usually for non-commercial use only (which, IMHO, is absolutely reasonable, though not good news for small-revenue agents like yourself), and adding a PayPal button automatically puts you in the commercial category.

It looks like the email option is still your best bet. However, hope I am wrong, and there's something like that out there - keep looking and good luck! :)

It is reasonable, I agree. It's just that I have gotten conflicting info everywhere I've turned.

I know people here have their own websites. It would be nice if someone could point me and Sunchariot into the right direction of what's the easiest and most cost effective way to do our own small website where we can take money. I would really appreciate it.

TheStarsAndTheMoon

I think you can do PayPal buttons on wix and I know people certainly do it on tumblr. You can customize the way things look on both.