Recurring card

SilverBlaze

Greetings!

I've done Tarot readings for my family for many years, and have a deck (homemade) that usually produces great results. I decided to try dipping my toes into distance-reading, and offered some folks on my Livejournal a distance reading. I had 3 slots, and then I did 2 readings for myself.

In all 5 readings, the 10 of Wands appeared. In different spots, yes, but it didn't seem to matter how much I shuffled, that card appeared. I'm a bit confused.

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions and guidance you can offer. ^_^

nisaba

It may be as simple as that it was the most relevant card for all of those clients.

Just as a nursing friend of mine thinks that patients turn up at Emergency in batches of similar complaints/injuries, I felt after some years' reading, that clients tend to turn up in batches with similar issues.

tarotbear

My analytical self says 'homemade' - is that one card lighter or heavier than the rest?

Just my 2 cents ....

Egypt

The question at hand

Did all of your querent's ask a similar question? Or maybe you were letting the other querent's questions affect your judgment and in turn concliding the questions?

SunChariot

That is true that that card might have just been the best answer in all casies. I have also noticed that the people who feel drawn to seek out readings from me are almost always those who are going through issues that I am also going through at the time. It happens like 99% of the time. The querent tells me their issue and it's like "YOU TOO?" and it is almost always something that I am currrently dealing with too. And then I learn from wha the cards tell them too.

That happens to me all the time, so it could be related to that.

If the same card kept coming up only for you, then it would defintiely be a messsage. Then again there probably is one in this anyway, but a more subtle one. It could even be showing you how much you have in common with others...if you know what I mean.

You could try of course as well to think of what the card means to you and how it applies ot your life and ot the questions about your life that you asked. For me the 10 of Wands is about creading the most you can create. So some potential questions to ask youreslf might be:

--What is the most/best version of yourself you want to be?
--Are you letting anything hold you back from being that in the world, or from acheiving the most you can?
--What feelings might be getting in the way of you creating the most that you can?
...etc and so forth.

Babs

Mellaenn

It may be as simple as that it was the most relevant card for all of those clients.

Just as a nursing friend of mine thinks that patients turn up at Emergency in batches of similar complaints/injuries, I felt after some years' reading, that clients tend to turn up in batches with similar issues.
Yes! This happens to me all of the time, too. One day all of the readings are about unfaithful partners, the next day they are all about money, and so on.

When the same card appears throughout the day for the readings of various clients, I do ponder on it a bit, too, and try to see how it might relate to a problem I'm working on solving myself. Sometimes it's irrelevant, but more often than not, it's a definite message for me.

SilverBlaze

Sorry for the late response.... I apparently didn't mark the box to follow this thread. :/ Anyway:

My analytical self says 'homemade' - is that one card lighter or heavier than the rest?

Not to my knowledge... I had the deck done (printed, cut and laminated) at a chain office-supply store, and I've not noticed anything unusual about that card. This is the first time in 5 years with this deck that this has happened, which is what really caught my attention. I don't have a scale sensitive enough to register if it was... any way I can weigh it? *is curious now*

Did all of your querent's ask a similar question? Or maybe you were letting the other querent's questions affect your judgment and in turn concliding the questions?

All of the querents asked for a Zodiac spread; one came back and said her reading was about 50/50 (I posted the reading in the "Your Spreads" forum, as it had a VERY unique spread), but the other two said that it was dead-on. My two were mud, as usual. I can't seem to read my own cards, which is so frustrating. I tried to focus solely on one person, but I can't be sure how effective that was. This is an entirely plausible thing.

If the same card kept coming up only for you, then it would defintiely be a messsage. Then again there probably is one in this anyway, but a more subtle one. It could even be showing you how much you have in common with others...if you know what I mean. You could try of course as well to think of what the card means to you and how it applies ot your life and ot the questions about your life that you asked. For me the 10 of Wands is about creading the most you can create. So some potential questions to ask youreslf might be:

--What is the most/best version of yourself you want to be?
--Are you letting anything hold you back from being that in the world, or from acheiving the most you can?
--What feelings might be getting in the way of you creating the most that you can?
...etc and so forth.

Babs

*laughs long and hard* Oh, Babs.... I've been stuck in this same rut for years now. I'm trying to get through to vet tech schooling, but that costs money. The school doesn't accept financial aid, so I need a loan, but I can't get a loan because I don't have credit. I can't get credit because I don't have a credit history. I can't get a credit history without credit. It's an endless loop, and I've been beating my head against this wall for the last several years, and it's not going anywhere. The best version of myself? Living in my own apartment, with my greyhound, and working as a vet tech. The real-world version? Working part-time while living with my parents and their animals. :/

Egypt

working

I too have been in a working slump. I have my license to be an esthetician , which i pay for every 2 years to keep open. I payed 10,000 plus to go to school and get my license, but when it was time for them to place me. They said Sorry you have to find your own job, so i tried just that and the results were horrible. Everyone wants you to be experienced and have clientel already, which you can not expect from people right off the bat unless thier resume shows otherwise. So eyah dont feel bad as i too am in a working slump :)