Recycling your cards....does anyone do this?

Tara2007

I have a question about a practice that I myself have not yet tried, but am curious about anyone else who may have experience with recycling your cards.

For anyone who does not know what I mean, recycling means that you lay a spread one card at a time, making a note of each card as you go, and then putting that card back into the deck, shuffling, and laying down a card in the next position, repeating this until done. The idea is that if you see a card repeated in a spread, you need to pay special attention to it.

Any input on this method would be appreciated....

Marua

I have never tried that. Could be interesting, though. Good idea.

Chronata

There are certain spreads I have used where I have done this...cut to a card for a position...and then put it back in the deck before I cut to the next card.

I actually do this much more often with Oracle decks, as ceratin systems lend themselves more to this than others (the card means one thing in one position and something completely different in another position...)

If you are willing to look at the card...open minded intuition style...and be prepared for the same card to have a completely different meaning...then recycling is a good exercise.

But If you always see a card the same way...no matter the spread or the reading...well...I don't know if it would be advantageous...other than to think...when the same card keeps returning...that the message is REALLY important. :D

Briar Rose

I never tired that however, I did a reading with cards for my cousin. She shuffled and hand picked (herself) 11 cards. At her house, in person with cards in hand!

The next day (I slept over) I signed on line to the Enchanted World.com and I asked a question. The computer generated 11 cards and they were the same exact ones my cousin hand picked in person the next before.

I am not kidding, nor am I exaggerating. How may I ask it this possible?

So when you wrote that you put cards back in the deck to see if you get the same ones... it reminded me of this.

Also, I have done a few 3 card readings for myself and when I have swtiched decks a few time I got the same cards again.

It reminds me of the old commerical on TV, "It's not nice to fool with mother nature."

Manjusri

I've read Ralph Blum's rune book,

and I recall that he recommended this practice.

In concept,

it feels right to do like that...

you would not try reading with a deck which is imperfect, would you?

Yet, I also recall I've seen no Tarot user doing it, nor did I heard of. :)

Thus it suggest, maybe Tarot was structured to allow some loss of card while using a spread :D

Personally, I think such practice is not that dramatical one, and moreover, it is so tiring to me :) So I just read traditionally :)