Red Coral

moonspirit

Would anyone know where I could purchase some natural red coral? I heard a lot of coral being sold is dyed and on occasions fake.

Thank You :heart:

thorhammer

moonspirit said:
Would anyone know where I could purchase some natural red coral? I heard a lot of coral being sold is dyed and on occasions fake.

Thank You :heart:
Not only is it often dyed or fake, the stuff that's real is often illegally harvested from dwindling areas of pristine reef throughout the world. Many of the world's coral reefs occur in areas where income is low and the people are forced to resort to plundering the natural world around them in order to make more money. I'm not saying they don't deserve it, but there are better ways of supporting these communities than perpetuating yet another industry that exploits a threatened resource.

Reefs are in mortal danger from accelerated climate change and other human-induced factors already - I'd suggest maybe . . . um . . . not.

Sorry to rain on the parade - again. I just feel strongly about these things.

\m/ Kat

MCsea

You are so right thorhammer, in addition they are selling 'sea bamboo' as red coral these days too -again a diminishing resource..

A VERY similar energy comes from
Red Agate --increasing self-confidence and harmony within groups.
Generous spirit, the bringer of goodwill.
Provides hope in difficult times.....

Something you might like to try if you you really want to work with real red coral (there is a past life tie to Asian Countries with this element) try finding it in a museum or natural history / marine park and meditate with it there - take a photo and use the photo combined with your experience in future meditation sessions- it works for me - when I meditate my blue diamond meditation

blessings
MARINA

moonspirit

thorhammer said:
Not only is it often dyed or fake, the stuff that's real is often illegally harvested from dwindling areas of pristine reef throughout the world. Many of the world's coral reefs occur in areas where income is low and the people are forced to resort to plundering the natural world around them in order to make more money. I'm not saying they don't deserve it, but there are better ways of supporting these communities than perpetuating yet another industry that exploits a threatened resource.

Reefs are in mortal danger from accelerated climate change and other human-induced factors already - I'd suggest maybe . . . um . . . not.

Sorry to rain on the parade - again. I just feel strongly about these things.

\m/ Kat

No rain and no parade I'm glad to know all this...Thanks! :)

moonspirit

MCsea said:
You are so right thorhammer, in addition they are selling 'sea bamboo' as red coral these days too -again a diminishing resource..

A VERY similar energy comes from
Red Agate --increasing self-confidence and harmony within groups.
Generous spirit, the bringer of goodwill.
Provides hope in difficult times.....

Something you might like to try if you you really want to work with real red coral (there is a past life tie to Asian Countries with this element) try finding it in a museum or natural history / marine park and meditate with it there - take a photo and use the photo combined with your experience in future meditation sessions- it works for me - when I meditate my blue diamond meditation

blessings
MARINA

Thanks! Red Coral was advised to be very beneficial for me astrologically speaking, I was interested because of this. Red Agate sounds really good for what I am wanting to work on as well. Thanks also for the meditation advice! :heart:

Emily

If you put 'Red Coral' into google search, then images, it brings up some lovely pics of living red coral. :)

moonspirit

Emily said:
If you put 'Red Coral' into google search, then images, it brings up some lovely pics of living red coral. :)

So Beautiful! :heart:

MCsea

moonspirit said:
Thanks! Red Coral was advised to be very beneficial for me astrologically speaking, I was interested because of this. Red Agate sounds really good for what I am wanting to work on as well. Thanks also for the meditation advice! :heart:

:) any time...