Reflecting Pools

contrascarpe

Now that I have a temporary lull in my busy week, figured it was time to post this spread where it belongs. Following is the Reflecting Pools spread which Gardener and I developed. It is a very powerful spread - exhausting almost. There are a couple of threads which I am going to reference which give more details on the spread and also some readings done with it (Sirona86 had a nice twist on hers - incorporating it with Past Lives issues). I am describing the spread as follows, as described by Gardener in the other thread:

"Picture five pools in a circle on the table before you, and set out different deck for each pool. The pools represent different times in your life, they are chronological, but there’s no pre-set length of time for each. It could begin with childhood, but need not. It could end at the present moment, or perhaps the near future. The cards of each pool will suggest a specific time in your life, by evoking a memory or dream. Shuffle the first deck, deal six cards. Four go into the first pool, and one to each side, one between the first pool and the second pool, one between the first pool and the last pool. Shuffle the second deck, deal six cards. Four go into the second pool, and one to each side, between the second pool and its two adjoining pools. Now there are two cards between the first two pools. Shuffle the third deck and deal six cards. Continue until all thirty cards are down, four each in the five pools, and ten between pools, two in each gap, all the way around the circle.

Read each pool as an individual story, to give yourself the context of this particular exploration. There might be a single theme, such as love or family, or the events might be very close in time. Or not. Go with your first intuitions, look closely at the pictures, don’t worry so much about book meanings. After the five pools have been explored individually (remember that they are unfolding in time), start to explore the links between them. To discover links, look for cards that have appeared from more than one deck, and look at the cards that link the separate events. If you like, you can consider the six cards of any one deck as a unit, instead of just the four in the pool, if they make a more coherent – or just more interesting – story.

Is anyone wondering yet what to do with the two cards that link the beginning to the end? Consider your life purpose, what the soul came into this life to accomplish or work on. Have fun!

The spread above is intended for you to do for yourself, to discover links between different phases or events in your life. Or with a friend, as a dialog. It isn’t so much about predicting as it is about finding out what memories and dreams are strongest in you. The querent needs to identify the story as a particular part of his or her life. If you wish to adapt this to read for a stranger, you might name each pool, for example, “childhood,” “early career,” “early love,” “present concerns,” “ambitions.” The focus is still on discovering connections, themes that play out across the whole of the life."

Links:
Gardener Reading
Sirona86 Reading

Would be interested to see if anyone else gives this one a try. Lunakasha and I are going to exchange readings with it here on the boards later this week.

Enjoy!
Dan