Relationship spread for writers and others!

Pipistrelle

I came up with this spread today as I have started working on writing a romantic comedy and I thought it would be a fun way to "get to know" the two main characters and find out about their relationship. However, I think it could also be used for "real-life" relationships...

xxxxxx1xxxxx2xxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx3xxxxxxxxx
xxx4xxxxxxxxxxx5xxx

1 - Her
2 - Him
3 - What they have in common/what brings them together
4 - Something she has to overcome before they can be together
5 - Something he has to overcome before they can be together

Interestingly, I did this spread and was totally bemused by the cards I got. Then I went through the deck and (as it's my story :)) picked the cards I thought should appear in each position. I then had two cards for each position and by interpreting them together, this seemed to work quite well, i.e. it let me have my say, but also added a new perspective.

Anyway, thought I'd share it!

Pip

ncefafn

This would be an interesting thread in the Your Readings forum, if you'd be interested in sharing it.

Kim

Nevada

Great looking spread for this purpose. I use Tarot a lot as a tool for creativity in my fiction writing. It proved especially helpful in ending my last mystery. I came up with a way of hiding a final piece of evidence by looking in a new way at the image on a card. I don't think I would've ever come up with that solution on my own.

Nevada

Earthly Virgo

Writing with Spirit

That is a great spread for this purpose. I am going to share it with my writing group if that is ok. I often need something to add depth to the characters and this is a great conduit to create more.

LOve and Light
Earthly

Pipistrelle

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Please feel free to share the spread with whoever you like (ahh, fame at last!) :D

I'm actually still working through the reading. Those two cards for each position gave me a lot of info and I'm going through each position and making notes.

It was very useful for me as I'm right at the beginning of this story and to be honest, I had only the sketchiest of ideas about my main characters. If I'd started writing without doing something like this, I think I would have come undone really early on. This reading threw up a lot more "meat" for them and their backgrounds/psychology.

I'd love to share it in My Readings as it's very interesting how the cards I drew (which were all serious and glum) and the cards I picked myself interact. If I get a chance, I will.

Pip