Relationship Spread

AlysiumDream

Hi all,

I have just joined and have been reading card for about 5 years or so. I was recently asked to do a relationship spread for someone and as I usually do if I cannot find a spread that will cover it, I wrote my own. Now this one may not be entirely original (i.e what the cards represent might not be an original thought so to speak), but I wrote it and it worked great. The only thing I was interested in is how to lay them out. There are only 7 cards so that sort of makes it harder.

Here are what the cards represent

Overview Of Where The Relationship Is Now

Where You Stand/What You Need

Where They Stand/What They Need

Obstacles In the Way Of The Relationship

Influences Which Can or Will Help The Relationship

Advice For You

Advice For Them

Potential Outcome

I was thinking about an arch shape (sorry I have not grasped the art of this yet so it probably looks weird) - could make it a circle also but as I said I am not very good at creating the shape as yet. It kind of looks like an umbrella to me.. anyway here is what I thought

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~1~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~2~~~~~~8~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~3~~~~~~~~~7~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~4~~~~~~~~~~~6~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~5~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you guys think? When I did the reading I didn't use any layout as such I only thought of this afterwards. Actually you could out the overview card at the top and then sort of match them up so that the What you need/Where you Stand card is opposite the Advice For You card and the What they need/where they stand card is opposite the Advice for them card..

So it would be more like

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~1~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~2~~~~~6~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~3~~~~~~~7~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~4~~~~~~~~~~~5~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~8~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyway, suggestions?

Tash

Ooo have a look on the floor.. Number 5 has dropped off :)

I like it... Or u could have 1-3 on left side 4-6 on right and 7/8 in middle... U know if you take this advice, this could be your outcome.. Either really