Reversals for Animals Divine

Lady Maria

Hello,

For all of you who use Animals Divine, do you use reversals? And how, if you do? I normally use reversals with all my decks, but for some reason, I have a hard time figuring out what these one's are saying to me. I've actually thought about not using reversals with this deck. I'd love to hear your techniques.

Cheers, Maria

inanna_tarot

If I use reversals with a deck, I tend to see it as blockages of that energy not coming through properly.
Using the Animals Divine would be like the animal is offering you its vibes or 'medicine' (to use a shamanic term) to heal that blockage and carry you forward. Using this animal in meditation etc could really help you, especially with spiritual matters.

I havent done much work with the AD yet, and dont tend to think about reversals very much, but thats how I would look at it atm :D

Hope that gives you some insight,
Sezo
x

WolfSpirit

I never do "physical" reversals with a deck, that is to say I don't turn cards upside down as I need to see the pictures properly in order to read them. But I do read the cards in a so-called "ill-dignified" way if this seems appropriate in the spread or my feeling tells me so.
I use the Animals Divine in the same way.

The way I see it no card is good or bad in itself but can be unfit for a situation - trust in a friend is good, in a dodgy stranger is wrong. Being generous is good, giving to those who don't appreciate it and only use you not, etc. Same goes for the properties associated with an animal: they are not wrong in itself but may not be suitable in a particular situation.

I must say so far I have used the Animals Divine very intuitively, I do enjoy the book but don't really use it for readings, more as a background information. So you may use them differently from me :)

Lady Maria

Thank you both for your replies. I can understand your point about the blockages, Sezo. I'll keep that in mind next time, like the animals are saying, you've got an issue that I can help you deal with.

And WolfSpirit, it always does come down to intuition, doesn't it!? I think I'll start using them without the book for a while, and see how that works for me.

Cheers, Maria