Reversals question

garfield

HI! can i ask a question! sometimes when i read a tarot and do celtic cross. I get sometimes 7 reverses and 3 upright. does this mean that my reading is false and that i should repeat again or do i just reversed the cards and instead have 2 reverse and 8 upright?
thansk in advance

SunChariot

garfield said:
HI! can i ask a question! sometimes when i read a tarot and do celtic cross. I get sometimes 7 reverses and 3 upright. does this mean that my reading is false and that i should repeat again or do i just reversed the cards and instead have 2 reverse and 8 upright?
thansk in advance

I wouldn't reverse anything. The cards came up the way they did for a reason. If you change something (the direction they landed), you are changing their intended meaning.

Well people use reversals in different ways. They do not mean at all to me something negative. So no it does not mean that the reading is false. To me I use reversals only to show that whatever it is that the card indicates will happen--there is something in the way now blocking it from happening and that it will take some time until it works out in a way that the energy of the card is free to manifest itself freely. If in a past situation, it just shows that the situation took a long time to happen or complete.

Babs

garfield

hi! does this mean that card in reverse all happen but at a delayed rate? so what if it is in the future? what does this mean? so does this mean that the meaning of reverse meaning of the cards in books are wrong?

Sulis

Hi Garfield,

There are many, many ways to read reversals.
Take a look at Thirteen's reversals threads in the Using Tarot Cards forum: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=58516

You can also find lots of threads about reversals if you take a look at this thread (also found at the top of Using Tarot Cards): How to read

Just one quick question - why do you want to read with reversals if you don't really know how to do it?
Many people read without using reversals at all (I do), I used to use reversals but now I don't really see the point. I see each card as having a complete range of meaning, from the 'traditionally upright' to the 'traditionally reversed' - I use my intuition, the spread, the question and the context that the reading and the card is in to determine which interpretation to go for.