Reversed Cards

Zoraz

I'm sorry if there is already a topic on this, I searched and didn't find one within the first 4 pages.

I have a question about reversed cards. I did a reading just yesterday about my inner self, and one of the cards that came up was the Ace of Swords reversed. When i looked at the meaning of it, it didn't describe me at all or fit with the rest of the reading. Actually, the upright ace described me almost perfectly, and fit with everything else. Could it be that I'm just not shuffling correctly?

I personally don't like the idea of reversing cards. Could it be because of that that the reversed meaning didn't make any sense to me, but the regular did?

Thirteen

Zoraz said:
I personally don't like the idea of reversing cards. Could it be because of that that the reversed meaning didn't make any sense to me, but the regular did?
Sounds right to me. If you don't like using them, don't use them. Rely on your instincts to tell you if the energy is "upright" and flowing, or "blocked" (i.e. reversed).

rwcarter

Welcome to Aeclectic, Zoraz!

There are a number of already indexed threads about Reversals in Post 2 of the Table of Contents - All About Reading sticky Note at the top of this forum.

There are many many ways to interpret reversals - opposite of the upright meaning, blocked, delayed, a lack of what the upright card shows, denial about the upright meaning, the underlying causes of the upright meaning haven't been properly dealt with, etc.

I, for one, don't use reversed cards because I apply the whole range of meanings to the upright card. If reversals don't make sense to you, there's no rule that says you have to use them.

Rodney

Zoraz

Thank you both for the fast replies! And thanks for that link too, I'll make sure to look there next time i have a question.

Queen Hippolyta

I keep all my cards right side up...and should one reverse...I just put it right side up. I know a lot of card readers who do the same. There are some who would read something into a card reversing then there are the ones like me who just don't like to read card when they reverse...it is hard to explain why we are like this, we are just more comfortable reading them this way.