rock cristal

rostie

what are the qualities of 'rock cristal'? i've bought one this weekend...so...i know it have a lot of good qualities but i don't know them very well, i bought it because i had heard it gives you energie, and lately i'm very tired so...:( i hope it helpes, are there next to this other ones who gives you energie???

(next to this, i'm very fond of stones, always been, and the following weekend we are going to a 'large' stoneshop, they also have schells and jewelery, i can't wait!!! 200m² stonepleasure, yeah! ;) i'm becomming mad i think, lol)

thank you very much in advance!!!

with love,

sara.

Phoenix

Rock Crystal is also known as quartz, so you may want to check out past threads about quartz.

rostie

thanks phoenix!! i will check it out...

but?

just quartz or has it also a specific name??? because rock cristal has no colour and for example rose quarts is a very different stone than rock cristal for the qualities but it is also a quarts so?

edited:
is the other name for it just: quartz crystal? or is this a name for all kind of cristals like amethist, citrine, ...

thanks a lot in advance...

Phoenix

I believe that Rock Crystal is the name given to quartz crystals that have not been polished, and that are still "rough" looking. Another name for it would be just quartz.

Clear quartz is the pure-form crystal of silicon dioxide. But it rarely comes in it's pure state. Most of the time, there are other minerals present in it to colour it. For example, radium is the element that gives smoky quartz it's colour. Magnesium colours amethyst I believe..etc. Other cystals like Amythest or citrine, use just those names, although they are quartz.

Help any??