Roots of Asia - VI - The Lovers

vee

Picture: http://i.imgur.com/zUYo6.jpg

Description: A naked man on his knees in a desert, reaches up to embrace a blue angel. She hangs from the sky and kisses him.

First Impression: Beautiful card! I feel drawn to it immediately, which is a relief after my struggles with the Hierophant and also new for me with the Lovers, a card I generally like but don't always feel pulled to.

Symbols: Blue, which represents many things in different Buddhist traditions, but it is of note that it is the color that seems to represent the Buddha as well as the demi-gods/angels/devas. Dark blue also gives strength, has healing powers, and deals with faith and peace. The deva is a Buddhist concept similiar to angels, although they are not immortal, omniscient, omnipotent, or morally perfect. Nudity, which can symbolize lack of consciousness or ego, can also be seen as vulnerability or ego.

A Conversation: I see a man who cries out in pain. He falls down, but reaches his hands up to the sky. I stumble forward to see if I can help, but before I can be of any use, a deva sweeps in and embraces him. She, moved by compassion and his faith, fills him with her love and warmth, and in turn he radiates it back. His pain is gone. It is a beautiful thing to see. There are no words to say, this is a conversation taking place between two hearts.

Keywords: Love, Faith, Healing, Unity, Understanding