Roots of Asia- VII- The Chariot

vee

Picture: http://i.imgur.com/RAHOk.jpg

Description: A man rides in a chariot pulled by two horses: one blueish-white and one reddish-brown. He has one hand loosely gripped on the reins and the other holds a staff with a closed lotus on it. He has a red robe draped over him, exposing one shoulder.

First Impression: Love this card already. I get a much calmer vibe that I normally do from the Chariot.

Symbols: Red Robe: Red is a color that denotes passion and forward moving, but also anger and strife. This duality suggestions great potential, if one is mindful. A closed lotus: the potential for enlightenment.

A Conversation: "Where are we going?" asks the blue horse. "I have no clue." The red horse replies. "Hey, let's go over there!" He tosses his head to the right, where there is a running creek and fertile grass. "Heck no." The blue horse replies and stops, turning his head to the left, where a herd of young wild horses play. His sudden motion jerks the red horse back, who snorts in frustration, and the chariot halts. "Check that out!" The horses argue for a few minutes, until it strikes both of them that they have heard no input from their driver. They both turn back to see him sitting, patiently waiting. "Well?" says the blue horse impatiently. "Yeah, are we going?" chimes in the red horse. The driver gives a small smile and says nothing. Both horses hesitate, not wanting to speak until he does. The red horse swats a fly off his bottom and the blue horse paws at the ground and speaks up. "Well, uh. Should we just keep going the way we were?" The red horse sighs with relief. "Yes, let's move on." And they continued on their way, less concerned with the destination.

Overall Thoughts: In this Chariot, we must first find peace before we can continue on the path. When we are able to ignore temptations and trust the path we are on, we have the ability to succeed.

Keywords: Energy, Balanced Action, Manifestation, Concentration, Movement