Rosetta Tarot-Lust XI

GoldenWolf

The woman has an infinity sign over her head like the Magus. She holds the Grail (also seen in the Chariot) in her right hand and over her head. Her covering is red which represents desire and also because she is the Scarlet Woman, Babalon. Since this card is associated with Leo, the woman rides a lion with seven heads, including the two serpent heads on the tail. One of the serpents has horn and the other a halo and white wings. This reminds me of the old angel on one shoulder and devil on the other bit, each giving contrary advice from the other! The Hebrew letter Teth which means snake is attributed to this card. I always associate snake imagery with the kundalini force present in everyone to a greater or lesser extent. Also, the lion has a forked tongue like a serpent.

In the background are rays of red and green, complementary colors, and ten hexagrams of gold edged in red. The hexagrams make me think of the Sun, Leo's ruler.

The LWB states that the female figure is Inanna and that the lion is her consort, Dumuzi, a Christ archetype. I did some quickresearch on Inanna and can very much relate to her-free, sexual, a warrior, nobody's wife or mommy as her primary identity. One of the stories about Dumuzi, her consort, was like Persephone in the underworld with a gender reversal.

To me, this card in any deck is about actively working with and befriending our wilder, instinctive nature, using it in a way that is constructive and conscious rather than feeling controlled or at the mercy of seemingly random and inexplicable impulses. I love the humor of this version of it and the lion's dreds :)

Babalon Jones

Hi Goldenwolf! Here is lady Lust ;-)

I have to say I am quite impressed with your analysis of the cards, especially after reading that you don't have the book, as you seem to always grasp the essence of what I was thinking and portaying in each card. Don't be discouraged if there are not a lot of posts, people are reading what you have to say and I am betting they are finding your posts helpful and interesting, as you have a knack for getting straight to the heart of the matter. Thank you for your generosity of spirit!

Here the kundalini force rising explodes out from her heart chakra.

Attachments

• Lust.JPG
    Lust.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 118