Rosetta Tarot-The Priestess II

GoldenWolf

The Priestess wears a lunar crown (Moon) with horns projecting out of it. There is a bow at the bottom of the card, a connection to Diana, a Moon goddess. On either side of her, there is a pomegranate (a link to Persephone, the underworld, and the subconscious).

An infinity sign (lemniscate) is centered over her third eye to signify her intuitive powers. Her arms are raised to the heavens, their curve echoing the horns of her crown. She is bare breasted and covered only by a matrix of blue light/energy. The curve of it between her arms is shaped like a crescent moon.

There are two pillars behind her-one dark, one light. They represent the Pillars of Mercy and Severity on the Tree of Life. There is a palm leaf motif on the light pillar. It's difficult to see what is on the dark pillar. The Priestess stands between them as the middle pillar, where this card's path is between Kether (Crown) and Tiphareth (Beauty).

I think that this is one of the most beautiful cards in the deck along with the Star.

Babalon Jones

Here is a picture!

I also want to say, that while I don't want to inhibit the study threads by taking over and posting, I do enjoy reading them and will always answer any questions anyone has.

I will mention to help with the discussion that you may notice that her body combined with the bow is shaped like a giant Grail or Cup.

Attachments

• The Priestess.JPG
    The Priestess.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 135

GoldenWolf

Thank you for posting the pictures to the thread. I understand now why the blue is more emphasized in some lines to create the grail shape.

I also appreciate any extra insight you can give me on the cards since I haven't been able to get the guide book yet.

frac_ture

GoldenWolf, my $0.02 is that you should definitely consider getting the Book of Seshet! It's very illuminating, and not just for this particular deck, but in a larger Tarot-applicable kind of way. Totally worth it!

Upon reading these posts, I realized that in this card, my eye rarely travels down to the bow and arrow! I'm a big fan of Artemis and all, no question, and it's not like those things are hidden away or anything, but I end up processing all the other imagery first... Interesting...

One of my favorite things about the card (aside from the energy-lattice and the moon-device at the top) is the way that the lemniscate is positioned so as to almost serve the Priestess as this very large, very wide, rather ethereal sort of mask almost. It's like she wears it and sees the universe through it...looking out through infinity.

Catmoon

The Hight Priestess is sided by two halfs of pomegranates, ancient Egyptians regarded the pomegranate as a symbol of prosperity and ambition.
And in Ancient Israel pomegranates were known as the fruits which the scouts brought to Moses to demonstrate the fertility of the "promised land".

The pomegranate has been used throughout history and in almost every religion as a symbol of humanity's most fundamental beliefs and desires, including life and death, rebirth and eternal life, fertility and marriage, abundance and prosperity. Almost every aspect of the pomegranate has come to symbolize something . . . its shape, color, seeds, juice.

Karrma

High priestess questions

I just bought the Rosetta tarot, my first deck. Just learning about the high priestess, papessa, etc. I have read that she is the counterpoint for the magus or magician. But the magus is supposed to be androgenous, the high priestess is definitely female. I think of her as intuition about spiritual from looking inward, more of a personal religious or spiritual insight, rather than the heirophant, who is masculine, who is teaching the traditional, learned knowledge from the past. I think of these two being more of a yin/yang combination rather than the magus, high priestess combination.
I would love someone to help me with this, is there some kernel of truth, or am I way off base.

stonesatiety

What a beautiful card, a favorite that caught my attention during my initial tarot deck search last year. Karma, I finally made it here. I'm a tarot newbie too. I support your observations! Receiving inner answers is completely personal, for me anyway.

Most of all I love how the beautiful woman stands confidently, trusting, open: she is a chalice to be filled and by her expression, she is full. There are seven full crescents behind her, split into 7 The Chariot x 2 (twin chariots, masculine and often unseen warrior feminine) = 14 Art. The moon of her crown makes it 8 Adjustment which is not halved = 15 The Devil. Nice sequence. The horns point to the Devil! Interesting that the third vibration of the lemniscate is strongest, the Empress. A rich meshing of energies here, signified by the blue.

For some reason, upon closer inspection, it feels to me as if the sun is behind her, rather than the first in a series of moons.There is light behind her, sunlight, the solar system's light source. I notice the Priestess' feet are not in view. Stuck in the ground? Was the poor dear born a cappy, like me? ha! Outstanding choice for her long walk MM mentions in the book of Seshet.

Goldenwolf, looking through a loupe, I see three leaves on the dark pillar, same as the light = 6 The Lovers. Aha! She is the love between them. I kept turning the card upside down--the hanging woman?--then finally the card fell off my desk to land reversed. I see. The chalice pouring the product of her union with spirit--love--which comprises everything.

The two pomegranites, also the Twins, who dance it up when infinite love flows. There is SO much to this card. The bow is shaped like a traditional horn composite bow--the best--with an arrow ready for stringing, but I notice three strings, perhaps the actual string vibrating, or...?